Jamee B. Asher
Jamee represents owners, managers, borrowers and lenders throughout the United States in commercial real estate transactions, including acquisitions, dispositions, leasing, easements and real estate-secured financing. She guides deals from inception to closing and handles due diligence and title insurance negotiations.
Jamee regularly advises timberland owners on access, public lands and other operational issues to help foster responsible land management practices. She also assists forest products companies in developing timber procurement and other policies designed to prevent problems before they happen.
Jamee recognizes that understanding clients' operations and business strategies is imperative to effective representation. To that end, she enjoys client site visits to learn first-hand about a client’s practices, challenges and goals.
- Represented a large-scale timber investment management organization (TIMO) in the sale of an 111,000-acre tree farm in Northern California.
- Represented an Oregon timberland company in a complex IRC Section 1031 exchange of investment timberland.
- Represents major TIMOs in large tree farm dispositions and sales of “higher and better use” tracts collectively totaling hundreds of thousands of acres of timberland.
- Drafts lease documents and conducts leasing due diligence for a prominent Oregon-based real estate investment banking firm in connection with retail, office and mixed-use projects throughout the United States.
- Provides third-party legal opinions for clients in real estate-secured financing transactions.
Memberships & Awards
- Schwabe Diversity Committee, Member
- Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) Portland, Member
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC), Member
- Oregon Asian Pacific American Bar Association, Member
- Multnomah Bar Association, Member
Resources & Ideas
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
Co-presenter, “Water, Timber and Easements: Understanding and Protecting Real Property Rights,” Oregon State University Tree School East.
- East County Legal Clinic Pro Bono Clinic, Volunteer
- Oregon State UniversityBachelor of Arts in English, summa cum laude
- Willamette University College of LawJuris Doctor, summa cum laude
Oregon State Courts
Outside The Office
- Explorations abroad and adventures in the Pacific Northwest.