Mark A. Stayer
Mark Stayer represents timber investment management organizations and commercial real estate companies in large, complex acquisitions, dispositions, conservation sales and easements, and loan transactions secured by timberlands.
Mark began his practice focusing on business and securities transactions and has a deep experience in mergers and acquisitions, private placements and public offerings. His clients appreciate his unique combination of legal, business and industry perspectives.
- Representing a large timber investment management organization in various timberland acquisitions in Oregon, Washington and Michigan since 2000.
- Representing large timber investment management organizations and private individuals and trusts in various timberland dispositions throughout the United States.
- Representing a large timber investment management organization in various timberland conservation easements in Washington and California.
- Representing various large timber investment management organizations in various timberland operational matters in Oregon, Washington and California.
- Representing an insurance company in loan transactions secured by timberlands throughout the United States.
- Representing various commercial real estate clients in acquisitions, sales and leasing.
Memberships & Awards
- Oregon State Bar, Member, Business Law and Real Estate
- Ranked for Real Estate Lawyers in Oregon, Chambers USA (2016)
- Lawyer of the Year award, Timber Law (2013 and 2015)
- Best Lawyers in America award in the areas of real estate and timber law
- Oregon Super Lawyers, Real Estate (2016)
- Recipient of Distinguished Service Award, City of Lake Oswego, Oregon (2008)
Resources & Ideas
- August 1, 2016
- August 19, 2016
- January 23, 2015
- January 7, 2013
- Portland Golf Club, Former President (2015) and Treasurer (2014)
- Former City of Lake Oswego Planning Commissioner (2005-2007)
- Our Lady of the Lake School Endowment Board, Past Chairman (2000-2002)
- ThunderbirdKey Managers degree (1980)
- University of Wisconsin, OshkoshBachelor of Business Administration degree (1976)
- Willamette University College of LawJuris Doctor degree (1985)
Oregon State Courts
United States District Court, District of Oregon