Legal professionals play a critical role in making Schwabe a top-rated Pacific Northwest law firm and a great place to work. We seek highly motivated team players who are committed to providing superior client service. From paralegals to legal assistants and project managers to office assistants and file clerks, your talent and knowledge will be respected and rewarded at Schwabe.
Business Corporate Paralegal
The firm's Portland office has an opening for an experienced paralegal in its Business and Corporate group. Excellent computer, organizational, and writing skills are required. Proficiency in Word and Excel required. The individual in this position must be organized and detail oriented with a high level of accuracy, must possess the ability to work efficiently and independently, and must display good communication skills and the ability to work with a varied group of people at all times. A pleasant demeanor, tact, the ability to manage stress, and a great client service attitude are essential.
Experience desired, in the areas of corporate and transaction law to include drafting documents such as those used in entity formation and maintenance of corporations and LLCs and assignments of interest; preparation of UCC filings and UCC search requests; familiarity with the IRS, SEC, Secretary of State, and licensing agencies. Other responsibilities may include assisting with due diligence for mergers and acquisitions; organizing and maintaining corporate documentation; assisting with federal and state securities filings, and assisting with preparation of closing binders and document sets for distribution. Familiarity with health care organizations, nonprofits and charitable organizations preferred. Experience with Corporate Focus preferred.
College degree or paralegal certificate and a minimum of 5 years recent experience required. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, 401(k) Profit Sharing, transit benefits, tuition reimbursement and more.
Accounts Receivable/Billing Specialist - Portland
Schwabe is seeking a full-time Accounts Receivable/Billing Specialist in their Portland office.
Primary duties include:
- Billing, including E-billing
- General accounting duties
- Spreadsheet maintenance
The successful candidate will have:
- 4+ years collections/billing experience
- Law firm experience and Elite/Enterprise Time and Billing a plus
- Strong math and proofreading skills
- Excellent data entry skills
- Superior written and verbal communications
- Advanced MS Excel experience
- High attention to detail and accuracy and ability to multi-task
The successful candidate must be a team player with excellent communication skills and be able to work in a fast paced environment.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and specific information about experience to Liz Russell, Accounting Manager, at email@example.com.
Industry Group Manager - Seattle or Portland
Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt is a law firm that offers a new type of client experience based on a deep industry focus. Schwabe attorneys are more than a collection of lawyers; they are partners in our clients’ businesses. Our understanding of key industry sectors allows us to help clients achieve success through ideas, advice, and exceptional legal counsel. With 165 attorneys and offices in Portland, Seattle, Vancouver, Bend, Eugene and Salem, Schwabe is one of the largest Pacific Northwest regional law firms.
Seattle or Portland
Schwabe is seeking an exceptional business development professional to join Schwabe’s Client Relations Department in the Seattle or Portland office. The Industry Group Manager will enjoy a highly visible position working with the firm’s Real Estate and Construction and Transportation, Ports and Maritime industry groups on their marketing and business development initiatives.
This position will work closely with firm leaders to help Schwabe maximize and leverage this unique go-to-market strategy. This is a unique opportunity to have an impact and be part of creating something new for the firm and perhaps the legal industry.
This is a high-level role that will serve as the Chief of Staff for the Real Estate and Construction and Transportation, Ports and Maritime industry groups as they work to change the way we deliver marketing legal services to our clients.
A sampling of job duties includes:
- Execution of business plans, budgets and sales pipelines for assigned groups
- Strategy and prep for client and prospect meetings
- Relationship management Coach attorneys on marketing & business development strategies
- Stay abreast of current developments and trends impacting clients and prospects through proactive market research
- Development and management for collateral and pitch materials
- Work with the firms Public Relations group to secure effective media exposure for assigned groups.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree in business marketing communications, journalism or related field, or law a plus
- Must have five years of marketing/business development experience
- Experience in the professional services industry a plus
- Must be committed to trying new things and taking risks
- Must be self-motivated and resourceful with a proven make it happen mindset
- Must be a strong writer and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Able to work collaboratively with a wide variety of people
- Must possess strong strategy development, critical thinking and general business skills.
- Experience in the Real Estate and Construction or Transportation, Ports and Maritime industry a plus
Interested and qualified candidates should direct a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Chief Talent Officer