Legal professionals play a critical role in making Schwabe a top-rated Pacific Northwest law firm and a great place to work. We seek highly motivated team players who are committed to providing superior client service. From paralegals to legal assistants and project managers to office assistants and file clerks, your talent and knowledge will be respected and rewarded at Schwabe.
Business & Corporate Legal Assistant - Portland
The firm has an opening for a full-time experienced Legal Secretary/Assistant in its Business and Corporate practice group in the Portland office.
This position requires 3+ years of experience with business and corporate law, strong secretarial skills, strong computer skills, and a high level of organization and accuracy with attention to detail. The successful candidate will be able to turn work around quickly, possess strong oral and written communication skills and be a self-starter with a positive attitude who enjoys a fast paced, team environment.
High school diploma or GED required. Legal secretary training and/or certification desirable but not essential. Any satisfactory combination of experience and education will be considered.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Melissa Tofell, Legal Support Services Manager at email@example.com.
Intellectual Property Office Assistant - Portland
The firm has an opening for a full-time Office Assistant to work in the Portland office.
This position requires a minimum of one year business office experience. This individual will provide support to the secretarial department and designated paralegals in the Intellectual Property practice group. Duties will include electronic and paper filing, clerical and project support.
The position requires the abilities to learn and utilize computer software, follow instructions carefully and accept a full variety of projects, work on multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines as assigned. The successful candidate will have good communication skills and the ability to work with a varied group of professional employees.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Melissa Tofell, Legal Support Services Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Intellectual Property Paralegal - Portland
The firm has an opening for a Paralegal in the Intellectual Property practice group in the Portland Office. Required skills include 1+ years of current IP paralegal experience, excellent organizational abilities, communication skills, and attention to detail. Experience with U.S. patent prosecution required. Foreign patent prosecution preferred and Trademark experience is a plus. College degree or Paralegal Certificate required. Any satisfactory combination of experience and education will be considered. Competitive salary and excellent benefits package.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Melissa Tofell, Legal Support Services Manager, at email@example.com.
Staff Accountant - Portland
This role is primarily responsible for supporting the CFO by maintaining the accuracy and integrity of the general ledger accounts through a variety of duties and providing reporting of various firm and attorney metrics.
- Facilitate the monthly close process by creating and posting journal entries, reconciling balance sheet, including but not limited to bank accounts and benefits, and preparing and maintaining various supporting schedules and databases.
- Maintain employee forecasts, including full time equivalent (FTE) figures, and provide reporting thereon.
- Prepare and gather supporting documentation and explanations for monthly financial reporting and portions of the budgets/forecasts.
- Assist with preparing and responding to ad hoc attorney, practice group leader, or management requests as it pertains to financials and attorney or client performance.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure to support other tasks such as ensuring proper coding of expenses.
- Compile and submit various business tax returns, including but not limited to, excise and property taxes.
- Contribute ideas and assist with the implementation of process improvements initiatives.
- Perform a review of and update accounting policies and procedures, as needed.
- Assist with the implementation of various software upgrades or implementations.
- Other projects and duties as delegated
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, preferable. 2-4 years’ experience in an accounting or finance team. Law firm or Service Industry experience is a plus.
- Takes ownership and accountability.
- High standard of ethics.
- Aptitude to analyze data, formulate sound conclusions and exercise good business judgement.
- Must have a high degree of accuracy.
- Technical general ledger accounting and month-end close experience.
- Highly proficient in Excel with suitable competency in other Microsoft Office programs.
- Focuses on process improvements, adaptable to change, and learns new systems and processes quickly.
- Comfortable working both in a team environment and independently.
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic work environment.
- Effectively able to manage conflicting priorities and workload pressures.
- Positive attitude.
Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits including medical, dental, life, LTD, 401(k), year-end bonus, tuition reimbursement, EAP, and transit subsidy.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to the Hiring Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Litigation Legal Secretary/Assistant - Seattle
Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt is seeking a full-time Litigation Legal Secretary/Assistant for its Seattle office.
The successful candidate will have an ownership mentality of their work product and partnership with timekeepers, high client service acumen, and enjoy working in a team environment. Strong computer research skills, a high level of organization and accuracy, and an attention to detail are also essential.
Additional skills include:
* Ability to meet deadlines and turn work around quickly
* Strong professional oral and written communication
* Experience with scheduling meetings, tracking calendars and arranging travel for 3+
* General administrative responsibilities including, expense reports, time entry and typing
Preferred Computer Skills:
* Microsoft office suite, including Work, Excel, Outlook and Power Point
* Carpe Diem
Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits including medical, dental, life, LTD, 401(k)/profit sharing retirement, profit sharing bonus, tuition reimbursement, EAP, and transit subsidy.
Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: email@example.com
Chief Talent Officer