Legal professionals play a critical role in making Schwabe a top-rated Pacific Northwest law firm and a great place to work. We seek highly motivated team players who are committed to providing superior client service. From paralegals to legal assistants and project managers to office assistants and file clerks, your talent and knowledge will be respected and rewarded at Schwabe.
Receptionist - Vancouver
Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt is seeking an experienced full-time Receptionist for their Vancouver office.
A high school diploma or GED and three years of office experience with extensive phone work are required. The successful candidate will possess a high level of organizational skills; the ability to handle multiple tasks under pressure; strong written and oral communication skills; and the ability to communicate interpersonally with all staff levels, including attorneys, in a professional manner.
Candidate will have a demonstrated ability to deliver excellent internal and external client service in a pleasant and professional manner. In addition to greeting clients and visitors to the firm, this position requires coordinating the activities in conference rooms, plus handling and trouble-shooting sophisticated audio/video and video conference systems. The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate a good aptitude for handling and trouble-shooting technical presentation systems. Additional job duties will include supply room maintenance, electronic and paper filing, clerical, and project support.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Melissa Tofell, Legal Support Services Manager, at Recruiting@schwabe.com.
Intellectual Property Paralegal - Portland
The firm has an opening for a Paralegal in the Intellectual Property (IP) practice group in the Portland office. Required skills include 1+ years of current IP paralegal experience, excellent organizational abilities, communication skills and attention to detail. Experience with US patent
prosecution required. Foreign patent prosecution preferred and Trademark experience a plus. College degree or Paralegal Certificate required. Any satisfactory combination of experience and education will be considered. Competitive salary and excellent benefits package.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Melissa Tofell, Legal Support Services Manager, at Recruiting@schwabe.com.
Marketing and Business Development Coordinator - Portland
Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt “Schwabe”, a leading Pacific Northwest law firm with over 170 attorneys across seven offices, is seeking a Marketing and Business Development Coordinator to work closely with the firm's Client Relations Team. This is a very exciting opportunity for the right candidate as Schwabe has transformed to serve clients by industry. Our lawyers provide exceptional legal counsel, and that’s critical. But our value goes beyond that. We don’t sit around and wait for the phone to ring. We get out of the office and put on hard hats to meet clients where they are, in their industries. This helps us see around corners, spot trends and navigate approaching challenges before they become problems. That’s why clients put us in the leadership circle and consider us partners in the business. Our understanding of six key industry sectors—Healthcare; Manufacturing, Distribution and Retail; Natural Resources; Real Estate and Construction; Technology; and Transportation, Ports and Maritime —allows us to help clients achieve success through ideas, advice, and exceptional legal counsel. We are looking for someone with a strong work ethic who is eager to work with us in supporting the firm’s strategic plan, our attorneys and clients.
The role will entail the following:
- Materials: Assist with the production and review of pitch materials, RFP responses, PowerPoint presentations, e-blasts and press releases
- Directories: Assist with the preparation of submissions for key directory rankings/award nominations
- Research: Conduct and disseminate research/gather intelligence
- Client Service: Assist with the prep and follow up for the firm's client service interview and client service team programs
- Contacts database: Update and maintain industry/client and prospect pipelines. Update contact information for clients, alumni, and friends of the firm in the contact management database
- Website: Update and maintain attorney biographies and other website/intranet content
- Social Media: Lead social media efforts to effectively promote industry initiatives/events/partnerships, etc. Provide one-on-one social media training for attorneys when needed
- Event prep/Execution: Assist team in logistics planning and preparation, execute event deliverables, attend and staff events as needed
- Writing: Attend educational tours/seminars and produce client-focused content to highlight takeaways
- Meetings: Assist in the planning and scheduling of meetings, including arranging logistics to ensure proper audio/visual and catering set-up
- Other administrative duties and responsibilities as assigned
- The ideal candidate has a strong work ethic, is detail-oriented, and is a self-starter with excellent writing and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, business or related field with at least two years of experience
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Project management and organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Diplomacy, tact and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and to juggle multiple priorities/projects
- Special awareness around delivering exceptional client service
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to the Hiring Manager at Recruiting@schwabe.com.
Real Estate & Land Use Legal Secretary/Assistant - Portland
The Firm is seeking a full-time Legal Secretary/Assistant for our Portland office in the Real Estate & Land Use Practice Group.
The successful candidate will have an ownership mentality of their work product and partnership with timekeepers, high client service acumen, and enjoy working in a team environment. Strong computer research skills, a high level of organization and accuracy, an attention to detail, and some litigation experience preferred.
Additional skills include:
- Ability to meet deadlines and turn work around quickly
- Strong professional oral and written communication
- Experience with scheduling meetings, tracking calendars and arranging travel for 3+ timekeepers
- General administrative responsibilities including, expense reports, time entry and typing correspondence
Preferred Computer Skills:
- Microsoft office suite, including Work, Excel, Outlook and Power Point
Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits including medical, dental, life, LTD, 401(k)/profit sharing retirement, profit sharing bonus, tuition reimbursement, EAP, and transit subsidy.
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Melissa Tofell, Legal Support Services Manager at Recruiting@schwabe.com.
File Clerk - Portland
The firm has an opening for a full-time File Clerk in the Portland office.
Duties include inserting paperwork into existing files, keeping correspondence current and in chronological order, organizing and indexing pleadings, creating inserts for other materials to be filed, and searching for missing files. Projects could include working on large cases where documents need to be numbered and organized into binders, and articles of reference that need to be copied and indexed into binders.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, 401(k) Profit Sharing, transit benefits, tuition reimbursement and more.
Qualified and interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to Melissa Tofell at Recruiting@schwabe.com.
Conflicts Specialist - Portland
Provides staff assistance in the Records/Conflicts Department by performing conflict searches, updating of conflicts database and matter openings and closure. Performs data entry on a computer terminal and performs general clerical duties required in the Records/Conflicts Department operation.
Supervision of other employees is not a responsibility of this position.
Works under the supervision of the Records Manager.
Essential Functions: Any single position of a class will not usually involve all the duties listed and many positions will involve duties that are not listed.
- Performs data entry work on computer terminal by entering new information into conflicts database. Verifies accuracy of data entry by comparing computerized output to source documents. Performs conflict searches and produces reports for electronic distribution.
- Processes automated client intake forms. Assigns client and matter numbers.
- Performs other duties as required including, but not limited to: Reopening of matters, maintenance of will safes, organization of file banks, maintenance of statistics and logs, assisting attorneys and secretaries by responding to telephone and e-mail inquiries.
- Operates various types of office equipment including laser printers, color label printers, photocopier and fax machine.
Experience and Training
A high school diploma (or equivalent) is required. Two years of responsible and verifiable work experience in general office or clerical environment. An equivalent combination of experience and training which insures the ability to perform the work may substitute for the above.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Possesses the interpersonal skills necessary to communicate with a diverse group of attorneys and staff and to handle all dealings with professionalism, courtesy and tact.
Reading and comprehension skills of a high school graduate are required. Ability to file correspondence, data and legal documents accurately and systematically in accordance with department procedures. Ability to enter data and text using a standard computer keyboard. Ability to learn software database programs. Ability to cooperate with co-workers in accomplishing the goals and deadlines of the department.
Ability to retrieve and distribute materials weighing up to 35 pounds and ability to retrieve and replace objects from shelves 8 feet high (using step stool) in aisles which are 27-1/2” wide.
Work requires sitting for extended periods at a computer workstation. Work frequently requires a high level of mental effort, focus and concentration while performing multiple tasks and duties.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to the Records Manager at Recruiting@schwabe.com.
Chief Talent Officer