Legal professionals play a critical role in making Schwabe a top-rated Pacific Northwest law firm and a great place to work. We seek highly motivated team players who are committed to providing superior client service. From paralegals to legal assistants and project managers to office assistants and file clerks, your talent and knowledge will be respected and rewarded at Schwabe.
General Litigation Paralegal - Seattle
The firm has an opening for a Litigation Paralegal in the General Litigation Department in the Seattle office with emphasis on supporting a growing and dynamic construction practice.
Required skills include 5+ years of construction or commercial litigation paralegal experience as well as demonstrated excellence in work with experts, client service, communication, attention to detail and organization. The ideal candidate will have experience in Construction Litigation in support of trials and depositions in federal court, Washington State courts and AAA arbitration settings. This position requires the ability to analyze and synthesize documents in multiple cases involving technical issues. Significant Relativity experience is required.
The most successful candidate will be a self-starter with a positive attitude who enjoys a fast paced, collaborative, team-focused environment and working with a partner and an associate on a case (vs. project) basis. The successful candidate will be that person who can assist the team through synthesis and knowledge of the substantive facts and discovery records in the pending cases. College degree and/or paralegal certificate are required.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Melissa Tofell, Legal Support Services Manager, at email@example.com.
File Clerk - Part Time
The firm has an opening for a part-time, 30 hours per week, File Clerk in the Portland office.
Duties include inserting paperwork into existing files, keeping correspondence current and in chronological order, organizing and indexing pleadings, creating inserts for other materials to be filed, and searching for missing files. Projects could include working on large cases where documents need to be numbered and organized into binders, and articles of reference that need to be copied and indexed into binders.
Qualified and interested candidates should direct their resume and cover letter to Melissa Tofell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Project Assistant (Tax and Estate Planning)
The firm has an opening in the Portland office for a full-time Project Assistant in the Tax and Estate Planning Group. Bachelor's degree and/or Paralegal certificate preferred.
The successful candidate will have strong organizational skills and attention to detail, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills. The successful candidate will work well under pressure in a team-oriented environment, with an emphasis on client service. A familiarity with a law firm environment is preferred.
The position requires the abilities to learn and utilize computer software, follow instructions carefully and accept a full variety of projects, work on multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines as assigned.
This Project Assistant will primarily support the tax and estate planning paralegals, working in the area of probate, estate planning, trust administration, guardianships, conservatorships, and inheritance and estate tax preparation. Strong mathematical and accounting acumen is necessary for success in this area of law.
Accounts Receivable/Billing Specialist - Portland
Schwabe is seeking a full-time Accounts Receivable/Billing Specialist in their Portland office.
Primary duties include:
- Billing, including E-billing
- General accounting duties
- Spreadsheet maintenance
The successful candidate will have:
- 4+ years collections/billing experience
- Law firm experience and Elite/Enterprise Time and Billing a plus
- Strong math and proofreading skills
- Excellent data entry skills
- Superior written and verbal communications
- Advanced MS Excel experience
- High attention to detail and accuracy and ability to multi-task
The successful candidate must be a team player with excellent communication skills and be able to work in a fast paced environment.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and specific information about experience to Liz Russell, Accounting Manager, at email@example.com.
Industry Group Manager - Seattle or Portland
Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt is a law firm that offers a new type of client experience based on a deep industry focus. Schwabe attorneys are more than a collection of lawyers; they are partners in our clients’ businesses. Our understanding of key industry sectors allows us to help clients achieve success through ideas, advice, and exceptional legal counsel. With 165 attorneys and offices in Portland, Seattle, Vancouver, Bend, Eugene and Salem, Schwabe is one of the largest Pacific Northwest regional law firms.
Seattle or Portland
Schwabe is seeking an exceptional business development professional to join Schwabe’s Client Relations Department in the Seattle or Portland office. The Industry Group Manager will enjoy a highly visible position working with the firm’s Real Estate and Construction and Transportation, Ports and Maritime industry groups on their marketing and business development initiatives.
This position will work closely with firm leaders to help Schwabe maximize and leverage this unique go-to-market strategy. This is a unique opportunity to have an impact and be part of creating something new for the firm and perhaps the legal industry.
This is a high-level role that will serve as the Chief of Staff for the Real Estate and Construction and Transportation, Ports and Maritime industry groups as they work to change the way we deliver marketing legal services to our clients.
A sampling of job duties includes:
- Execution of business plans, budgets and sales pipelines for assigned groups
- Strategy and prep for client and prospect meetings
- Relationship management Coach attorneys on marketing & business development strategies
- Stay abreast of current developments and trends impacting clients and prospects through proactive market research
- Development and management for collateral and pitch materials
- Work with the firms Public Relations group to secure effective media exposure for assigned groups.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree in business marketing communications, journalism or related field, or law a plus
- Must have five years of marketing/business development experience
- Experience in the professional services industry a plus
- Must be committed to trying new things and taking risks
- Must be self-motivated and resourceful with a proven make it happen mindset
- Must be a strong writer and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Able to work collaboratively with a wide variety of people
- Must possess strong strategy development, critical thinking and general business skills.
- Experience in the Real Estate and Construction or Transportation, Ports and Maritime industry a plus
Interested and qualified candidates should direct a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Chief Talent Officer