Allison L. Pentheny
Allison Pentheny assists clients in the areas of U.S. and foreign trademark and copyright prosecution and enforcement, IP due diligence for mergers and acquisitions, and domain name and website issues.
Allison serves as the main point of contact for many clients, communicating with them to expand and maintain their trademark portfolios. She brings more than 14 years of trademark paralegal experience to her work supervising small and large portfolios for clients in a variety of industries, including technology; manufacturing, distribution and retail (food and beverage and outdoor and athletic); and healthcare. She is well versed in all aspects of searching and clearing trademarks, and developing and maintaining domestic and international trademark portfolios. Allison coordinates and communicates directly with business clients concerning trademark and copyright applications and related prosecution documents, trademark and domain name watch notices, recordations and deadlines, including trademark opposition and cancellation actions before the U.S. Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
- Assisted a financial company with trademark selection and clearance for launch of nationwide ad campaign for new credit card brand name and bank name.
- Assisted in acquisition and assignment of trademarks from a nationally recognized coffee company.
- Manages and maintains a large worldwide trademark portfolio, covering more than 130 countries, for a technology standards organization comprising the world's leading automotive, mobile communications and consumer electronics companies.
- Assisted an outdoor apparel company with biannual application filings for obtaining copyright registration protection for website copy, as well as marketing and advertising collateral.
- Performed high-level clearance searches and developed filing strategies for several trade organizations’ new brands and logos.
- Managed large IP due diligence projects and complex chain of title issues in connection with mergers and acquisitions for various clients.
- Served as co-lead paralegal in the implementation and data conversion of new IP docketing software for Schwabe.
Memberships & Awards
- International Trademark Association, Member
- Oregon Paralegal Association, Member
- National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Member
- United States Army(1989-1992)
Outside The Office
- Traveling to new places and spending time with my family, friends and three dogs.