Andy Lee specializes in appellate advocacy and motion practice in high stakes litigation. Such cases have implicated a wide variety of subject matters, including products liability, labor, land use, environmental, commercial, bankruptcy/receiverships, and intellectual property. When complex issues arise, clients and Andy’s fellow attorneys rely on his insight, analysis, and advocacy.
Andy practices before appellate courts in Oregon and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, as well as trial courts in Oregon.
- Prevailed on class representatives’ personal injury claims against an industrial tool manufacturer.
- Obtained partial summary judgment on liability issues against union that engaged in lengthy course of unlawful labor practices.
- Represented wrongful death plaintiff in successful appeal before the Oregon Court of Appeals where trial court had granted summary judgment in favor of homeowner who shot the decedent after both parties had been drinking.
- Obtained a rare summary judgment for a nonprofit facing a decades-old sex abuse claim in U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon, and successfully defended that judgment on appeal to the Ninth Circuit.
- Represented the only landowner in Oregon to prevail on appeal of a money judgment from a Measure 37 claim, which entitled her to $1.15 million in compensation and her attorney fees.
Memberships & Awards
- Defense Research Institute (DRI), Member
- Oregon State Bar, Products Liability Section Executive Committee, Member, Secretary, Treasurer, and Chair Elect (2009-2013)
- National Trial Competition, Regional Runner-Up (2002)
- University of Oregon School of Law, order of the coif (2002)
- University of Oregon School of Law, Outstanding Oral Advocate (2002)
- University of Oregon School of Law, Dean’s Scholarship (1999-2002)
- University of Oregon School of Law, Intra-school Mock Trial Tournament Winner (2000, 2001, 2002)
Resources & Ideas
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
Oregon chapters, Product Liability Desk Reference—A Fifty-state Compendium (2013, 2014, 2015).
- Portland City Club, member of research committee regarding bicycle transportation in Portland
- Grant High School, Mock Trial Coach (1997-2015)
- Classroom Law Project, Mock Trial Tournament Organizer (2009-2011)
- Club soccer, midfielder
- University of Oregon School of LawJuris Doctor degree, order of the coif (2002)
- Grinnell CollegeBachelor of Arts degree, Mathematics (1998)
Oregon State Courts
United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
United States District Court, District of Oregon
Outside The Office
- Adventure travel.