Jamee B. Asher
Jamee represents owners, managers, borrowers and lenders throughout the United States in commercial real estate transactions, including acquisitions, dispositions, leasing, easements and real estate-secured financing. She guides deals from inception to closing and handles due diligence and title insurance negotiations.
Jamee regularly advises timberland owners on access, public lands and other operational issues to help foster responsible land management practices. She also assists forest products companies in developing timber procurement and other policies designed to prevent problems before they happen.
Jamee recognizes that understanding clients' operations and business strategies is imperative to effective representation. To that end, she enjoys client site visits to learn first-hand about a client’s practices, challenges and goals.
- Represented a major timber investment management organization (TIMO) in multiple large-scale timberlands acquisitions throughout the United States.
- Represented an Oregon timberlands company in an IRC Section 1031 exchange of investment timberland.
- Represented Oregon lumber mill in sale of mill site and operating assets.
- Developed Lacey Act due care program for North America's largest manufacturer of hardwood plywood and hardwood veneer products.
- Represent TIMOs in large tree farm dispositions and sales of “higher and better use” tracts collectively totaling hundreds of thousands of acres of timberland.
- Handle lease transactions for a prominent Oregon-based real estate investment banking firm in connection with retail, office and mixed-use projects throughout the United States.
- Serve as national real estate counsel for major cinema circuit.
- Represent commercial real estate owners in acquisitions and dispositions of retail, office, and industrial properties.
- Provide third-party legal opinions for clients in real estate-secured financing transactions.
Memberships & Awards
- Multnomah Bar Association, Member
- Oregon Asian Pacific American Bar Association, Member
- Oregon State Bar, Diversity Section, Real Estate and Land Use Section, and Sustainable Future Section, Member
- Schwabe Diversity Committee, Member
- Schwabe Recruiting Committee, Member
- Ranked as "Associate to Watch" for Real Estate in Oregon, Chambers USA (2017-2018)
- U.S. News & World Report – Best Lawyers, “Law Firm of the Year” in Timber Law, Team Member (2015 and 2018)
- U.S. News & World Report – Best Lawyers, National Tier 1 Firm in Timber Law, Team Member (2015-2018)
Resources & Ideas
- May 14, 2018
- Six practice areas and 20 attorneys singled out for excellenceJune 5, 2017
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
Co-presenter, “Water, Timber and Easements: Understanding and Protecting Real Property Rights,” Oregon State University Tree School East.
- LEAP Adventure, Board of Directors
- Friends of the Children, Ambassador Board
- East County Legal Clinic Pro Bono Clinic, Volunteer
- Oregon State UniversityBachelor of Arts in English, summa cum laude
- Willamette University College of LawJuris Doctor, summa cum laude
Oregon State Courts
Outside The Office
- Exploring the Northwest.