Jason Wrubleski focuses his practice on commercial patent, trade secret, copyright and trademark litigation. Jason has litigated matters relating to a wide range of technologies, from biomedical devices to heavy-load walking machinery, before District Courts in Washington, Oregon, and California and the Patent Trial and Appeal Board.
Prior to joining Schwabe, Jason was a general litigation associate at Mayer Brown, LLP in Palo Alto, California, and he complements his current IP practice with six years of experience litigating business torts, licensing disputes and antitrust claims in Silicon Valley.
- Successfully represented patent owner before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board in proceedings upholding the validity of two continuous glucose monitoring patents.
- In a case seeking over $8 million in damages, part of a team that secured summary judgment of non-infringement of a patent covering electrochemical analysis techniques.
- Secured summary judgments, constructive trusts, and permanent injunctions against both corporate infringers of DVD patents and their individual principals.
- Principally managed litigation of a First Amendment case against the City and County of San Francisco, brought to enjoin a municipal ordinance of unsolicited delivery of Yellow Pages phone directories.
- Successfully resisted burdensome subpoenas issued in three simultaneous, MDL-designated class action suits to national insurance provider, from federal courts in California and New Jersey.
Resources & Ideas
- October 2020
- Recent FDA Guidance on the Distribution, Use, and Importation of Disposable Filtration Masks and Face Shields (updated June 30, 2020)June 30, 2020
- August 26, 2019
- April 24, 2018
- Classroom Law Project, “We the People” competition judge (2017)
- Stanford Law SchoolJuris Doctor degree (2007)
- Yale UniversityBachelor of Arts degree, English Language and Literature (2004)
California State Courts
Oregon State Courts
Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals