Josh Dennis advises construction companies of all sizes through the many stages of the litigation process. Josh also has extensive experience representing employers through inspections and litigation arising out of state and federal OSHA enforcement actions. Josh takes pride in his ability to add value to his clients’ businesses by seeking out creative and cost-effective solutions to otherwise complex problems.
Prior to joining Schwabe, Josh was a litigator at a mid-sized Portland law firm where he gained experience in a variety of areas of law, including construction, personal injury, products liability and employment. Josh also served as a law clerk for Magistrate Judge Bernard G. Skomal in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California. Josh’s varied experience helps him see the big picture and spot potential issues before they arise.
- Obtained dismissal of OSHA citations related to the use of fall protection and negotiated resolution of citations related to lockout/tagout procedures.
- Regularly presented and published on topics related to safety and health regulations.
- Successfully drafted and argued a motion for summary judgment related to an alleged breach of a lease agreement.
- Obtained a $2.6 million verdict in a pro bono wrongful death lawsuit.
Memberships & Awards
- Multnomah Bar Association, Member
- Oregon Association of Defense Counsel, Member
- Best Lawyers in America Award: Ones to Watch, Construction Law & Litigation - Construction (2021)
Resources & Ideas
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Making Sense of Mask Guidance in the Workplace: Best Practices for Implementing Mask Requirements for Employees and CustomersMay 27, 2021
- Understanding and Implementing Oregon OSHA's COVID-19 Standards for the Real Estate and Construction IndustryNovember 4, 2020
- Understanding and Implementing Oregon OSHA's COVID-19 Standards for the Manufacturing, Distribution and Retail IndustryNovember 4, 2020
- Understanding and Implementing Oregon OSHA's COVID-19 Standards for the Transportation, Ports and Maritime IndustryNovember 4, 2020
- WSBA Construction Law Section and the Clark County Bar AssociationAugust 28, 2020
- January 27 - 28, 2020
- May 8, 2019
- May 8, 2019
- Oregon OSHA Repeals Mask and Social Distancing Requirements—What This Means for Employers Moving ForwardJuly 1, 2021
- Daily Journal of Commerce OregonJune 18, 2021
- May 20, 2021
- November 9, 2020
- Oregon OSHA Issues Second Draft COVID-19 Temporary Standard, Which Is Expected to Become Effective November 1, 2020 (Updated 10/16/2020)October 16, 2020
- September 15, 2020
- August 20, 2020
- March 19, 2020
- March 19, 2020
- Daily Journal of Commerce OregonJanuary 17, 2020
- University of San Diego Law SchoolJuris Doctor degree (2013)
- California State University Channel IslandsBachelor of Science degree, Environmental Science and Resources Management (2009)
Oregon State Courts
United States District Court, District of Oregon
Washington State Courts
Outside The Office
- Avid golfer and father, often at the same time.