Katherine Wax represents owners, developers, property managers, and tenants in real estate transactions, including purchases, sales, leases, and ground leases. She handles deals involving a broad range of product types, from Class A office buildings to industrial facilities and shopping centers, with a particular focus on complex mixed-use projects in urban and suburban areas. Katherine also supports clients in corporate transactions involving real estate assets.
Katherine works with some of the largest companies in the Northwest as well as small businesses and growing start-ups. In every deal and for every client, she is committed to providing efficient and practical support that takes into account each client’s unique objectives.
- Represented owner of 1.4 million square-foot commercial office portfolio in various leasing matters.
- Represented owner of portfolio comprised of 1 million square feet of commercial office and 1.7 million square feet of retail, dining, and entertainment in various leasing matters.
- Represented trust in managing commercial real estate assets in multiple states.
- Represented technology company in leasing over 500,000 square feet of Class A office space in downtown Seattle, one of the largest leasing deals to occur in Seattle in 2017.
- Represented technology company in leasing 180,000 square feet of Class A office space downtown Seattle.
- Represented retail tenant in negotiating multiple leases in upscale shopping centers.
- Representing clients in purchasing and selling a variety of real estate assets, including vacant land for development, office buildings, multi-family residential buildings, suburban office campuses, senior housing projects, industrial buildings, and mixed-use projects.
- Representing clients in corporate transactions involving real estate assets, including, for example, the leaseback of corporate property following an asset sale, subleasing in connection with the sale of a business unit, and buying or selling property in connection with an asset purchase or sale.
Memberships & Awards
- Northwest District Council, Urban Land Institute, Member (2012-Present)
- Commercial Real Estate Women, Member (2012-Present)
- Urban Experience Committee, Downtown Seattle Association, Member (2013-2017)
- Washington Rising Stars List (2016-2017)
Resources & Ideas
- December 13, 2017
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- November 17, 2017
- Daily Journal of Commerce, November 20, 2017
“Marketable Title” (update), Washington Real Property Deskbook
“The Rising Tide: A Look at State and Local Responses to Sea Level Rise,” American Bar Association Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources, Climate Change, Sustainability, and Ecosystems Committee Newsletter (with Matt Grey and Kristine Wilson)
“Case Update,” Retail Law Strategist (with Mindy Sherman)
- Pratt Fine Arts Center, Trustee and Chair of Development Committee (2011-Present)
- Northwestern University School of LawJuris Doctor (2009)
- University of California, Santa CruzBachelor of Arts, History (2005)
Oregon State Courts
Washington State Courts
Outside The Office
- Trail running and reading—usually not at the same time.