Milt Reimers helps clients navigate a broad array of real estate and land use matters, including acquisition, permitting/entitlement, development, leasing and dispute resolution. He regularly represents businesses, owners, tenants and developers on real estate matters, working with them through all stages of the real estate life cycle.
In litigation, Milt handles disputes involving leasing, breach of contract and construction. While Milt seeks creative and cost-effective resolution of disputes, he does not shy away from aggressively litigating on his clients’ behalf.
As part of his land use practice, Milt conducts due diligence research on title, permitting, zoning and planning. Additionally, he assists clients in preparing land use applications and managing the entitlement, public hearing and development permitting process.
- Successfully defended a homeowners’ association in a challenge to the validity of its governing documents and actions taken by the Board of Directors. The Court of Appeals, Division I, affirmed the trial court’s decision in favor of the homeowners’ association.
- Assisted a client in obtaining boundary line adjustments and building permits associated with the commercial development of property.
- Represented a property owner in a three-week condemnation trial associated with light rail expansion.
- Secured a multi-million dollar judgment against real estate loan guarantors and assisted lender with post-judgment collection efforts.
- Obtained a favorable early settlement for the tenant in a landlord-tenant dispute alleging a breach of the lease.
- Represented the architect in a construction defect claim by the developer of a 130-unit condominium building. Successfully settled the matter for a nuisance payment prior to summary judgment hearing.
Memberships & Awards
- King County Bar Association, Member
- Washington Rising Stars List, Business Litigation (2013-2017)
Resources & Ideas
- March 12, 2018
- 12 of Schwabe’s Washington attorneys recognized as being in the top 5 percent of their fieldJune 12, 2017
- 14 of Schwabe’s Washington attorneys recognized as being in the top 5 percent of their fieldJune 16, 2016
- April 11, 2018
- October 27, 2017
- October 18, 2017
- August 25, 2017
- Boys and Girls Club of Mercer Island, Board Member
- Bloodworks Northwest (formerly Puget Sound Blood Center), YPA Committee, Member and Chair (2012-2015)
- University of Washington School of Law, Professional Mentorship Program, Mentor to first-year law students
- University of WashingtonBachelor of Arts degree, Political Science (1998)
- University of Washington School of LawJuris Doctor degree (2007)
Washington State Courts
United States District Court, Eastern District of Washington
United States District Court, Western District of Washington
Outside The Office
- Enjoying the outdoors.