Milt Reimers really digs real estate. He deftly works with clients to navigate a wide range of real estate transaction and land use matters. Milt regularly works with commercial and residential developers, owners, tenants, as well as port district clients. He provides seasoned advice for all stages of the real estate cycle, including acquisition, financing, permitting/entitlement, development, and leasing. Through all these complex issues, Milt acts as a steady and dedicated guide, partnering with his clients to realize their goals.
Devoted to pursuing the best outcomes for his clients, Milt’s practice takes a holistic approach to all the phases involved in real estate transactions. He assists with purchase and sales agreements as well as with leases for mixed-commercial and multi-family residential developments. He partners with clients on all types of property management issues including the drafting and enforcement of condominium covenants. As part of his land use practice, Milt advises clients on issues relating to title, permitting, zoning, and planning.
While Milt’s practice includes a wide range of real estate clients, he devotes a substantial portion of his practice to counseling port districts on a variety of issues. In addition to the buying and selling of port property, he advises them on land use matters, tenant leases, and rail line agreements - whatever real estate and construction concerns might arise in the unique port district environment.
Real Estate Purchase and Sale
- Represented buyer in purchase of $22 million apartment buildings and associated financing.
- Advised developer in acquisition of multiple parcels, change in the parcel’s boundary lines and expansion of the permitted uses for the properties.
- Represented seller of $9 million multi-family property with challenging title issues.
- Represented landlord in negotiating a 20 year lease, with extension options, for an industrial space in SW Washington.
- Advised Seattle tenants in negotiating leases for a First Hill doctor’s office, multiple Belltown restaurants, and a downtown nonprofit organization.
- Negotiated COVID-19 forbearance agreements and lease restructuring on behalf of landlord with multiple tenants.
Real Estate Development and Construction
- Drafted complex multi-party easement agreements for an outdoor-oriented shopping mall with multiple ownership components.
- Represented owner in negotiating American Institute of Architects (AIA) construction agreements and subcontractor agreements for 200 unit apartment buildings in Eastern Washington.
- Drafted Site Safety Plan and Accident Prevention Plans for Washington multi-family developer.
Condominium and Homeowner Associations
- Drafted the declaration of covenants, bylaws and rules for a Seattle condominium association.
- Advised mixed-use condominium development in downtown Seattle regarding interpretation and enforcement of its governing documents.
- Drafted commercial condominium documents to subdivide a retail strip into multiple units.
- Drafted and negotiated 80-year ground lease for industrial development on Port property.
- Negotiated and drafted dredging license and sand agreement along the Columbia River.
- Prepared 50-year lease and construction of a commercial dock with capital contributions from the tenant towards construction costs.
Memberships & Awards
- King County Bar Association, Member
- Washington Rising Stars List, Business Litigation (2013-2017)
Resources & Ideas
- February 25, 2020
- March 12, 2018
- 12 of Schwabe’s Washington attorneys recognized as being in the top 5 percent of their fieldJune 12, 2017
- 14 of Schwabe’s Washington attorneys recognized as being in the top 5 percent of their fieldJune 16, 2016
- September 8, 2021
- April 11, 2018
- October 27, 2017
- October 18, 2017
- August 25, 2017
- Boys and Girls Club of Mercer Island, Board Member
- Washington Public Ports Association Legal Committee, Member
- Bloodworks Northwest (formerly Puget Sound Blood Center), YPA Committee, Member and Chair (2012-2015)
- University of Washington School of Law, Professional Mentorship Program, Mentor to first-year law students
- University of WashingtonBachelor of Arts degree, Political Science (1998)
- University of Washington School of LawJuris Doctor degree (2007)
Washington State Courts
United States District Court, Eastern District of Washington
United States District Court, Western District of Washington
Outside The Office
- Enjoying the outdoors.