Nicholas D. Lauren
Nicholas “Nick” Lauren counsels on employment matters in the healthcare and life sciences and manufacturing, distribution, and retail industries. As a champion for his clients’ success, Nick works urgently to understand their legal needs, and provides sound legal counsel to pursue the best outcomes possible.
Nick brings a deep understanding of effective advocacy to his practice, having served for five years as a Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable U.S. Magistrate Judge Youlee Yim You in the District of Oregon.
During law school, Nick was Editor-in-Chief of the Lewis & Clark Law Review.
- Analyzed complex and novel legal issues in diverse areas of civil litigation.
- Drafted judicial opinions resolving the spectrum of motions that arise in district court, from motions for preliminary injunction to motions for relief from judgment.
- Assisted judge in managing caseload, resolving discovery disputes and preparing for hearings, oral arguments, and trials.
Memberships & Awards
- Federal Bar Association, member (2017-present)
Lewis & Clark Law School, Cornelius Honors Society (2016)
- Lewis & Clark Law School Mentor (2017-present)
- Lewis & Clark Law School Moot Court Judge (2018, 2022)
- Lewis & Clark Law SchoolJuris Doctor degree (2016)
- Walla Walla CollegeBachelor of Sciences degree, cum laude (2011)
- Oregon State and Federal Courts
Outside The Office
- Family time!