Paige B. Spratt
Real world construction experience
Paige Spratt combines real world construction experience with legal know-how to help contractors find practical solutions to complex problems. Before attending law school, Paige earned a degree in Construction Management and worked as a construction manager for two large commercial contractors and the world’s largest aerospace company. As a result, she is able to understand and navigate the business realities her clients face on a daily basis.
Practical solutions and client ownership
Paige handles arbitrations and lawsuits for issues ranging from lien foreclosures, construction claims and public contracting to employment disputes and complex breach of contract claims. She strives to help her clients fully understand the litigation process and to present creative, practical solutions.
Clients also turn to Paige for transactional assistance. She focuses on achieving client goals and mitigating risk in construction contracts, purchase and sale agreements, services contracts, purchase orders and other legal documents. Paige is proactive in ensuring that her clients fully understand the contracting process and can take ownership of contract terms.
- Successfully defended a mid-sized residential contractor in a breach of contract dispute brought by the owner of multi-family construction project, who claimed more than $5.2 million in delay and construction defect damages (private arbitration, 2012).
- Defended a general contractor in a lien foreclosure lawsuit brought by a large material supplier (Clark County, 2012).
- Represented a general contractor in a lien matter, successfully obtaining payment for the full amount owed prior to filing suit.
- Defended the owner of a large seafood facility in arbitration for breach of contract (private arbitration, 2015).
- Negotiated purchase and sale agreement for nearly $3 million on behalf of a developer for the purchase of prime real estate located in Clark County, Washington.
- Represent numerous entities in defending/enforcing easement and property rights.
Memberships & Awards
- Fort Vancouver National Trust Marshall Award Recipient for Leadership (2016)
- Clark County Bar Association, Trustee (2015-present)
- Member of CLE Committee (2013-present)
Resources & Ideas
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Red Lion Hotel on the River, 909 N Hayden Island Dr., Portland, OR 97217, April 25, 2018
- Lorman SeminarWebinar, July 18, 2016
Presenter, CLE: "Alternative Fees in Litigation," Clark County Bar Association (May 2015)
Presenter, CLE: "Construction Law: Washington Lien and Bond Claims," Clark County Bar Association (November 2014)
Presenter, CLE: "How to Train Your Litigator," Association of Corporate Counsels (October 2014)
Presenter, "Major Changes to the ‘One-Call Statute,'" National Utility Contractors Association (February 2012)
Presenter, "Public Contracting Basics," Washington State Department of Labor & Industries (October 2011 and February 2012)
Co-Author, "Agencies Teaming-Up to Crack-Down on ‘Wage Theft,'" AGC Works (October 2011)
- Daily Journal of Commerce, June 27, 2017
- Vancouver Business Journal, March 25, 2016
- Daily Journal of Commerce, November 20, 2017
- How the WA Supreme Court Raised the Cost of Public ContractsSeptember 27, 2017
Co-Author, "Employer Issues in an Age of an Aging Workforce," Xenium Resources Publication (November 2013)
Author, "When ‘Substantial Completion' Means Actual Completion," Southwest Washington Contractor's Association Newsletter (October 2013)
Author, "Be Careful What You Put in Writing: Preparing Your Incident Reports," Southwest Washington Contractor's Association Newsletter (October 2013)
Co-Author, "Major Changes to the ‘One-Call' Statute Are Coming: Washington's Underground Utility Prevention Act Goes into Effect Next Year," NUCA of Washington Focus (May 2012)
Co-Author, "Taming the ‘Under-Ground' Beast: Deciphering Differing Site Conditions in Construction," King County Bar Bulletin (2012)
Author, "Strict Compliance in Construction Contracts: Detrimental to Tax Payers and Contractors," 40 PUB. CONT. L.J. 911 (Summer 2011)
- Southwest Washington Contractor's Association, Member of Education Committee (2014-present)
- Southwest Washington Workforce Development Counsel, Board Member/Committee Member (2014-present)
- Girls on the Run Portland-Metro, Board Member/Chair of Development (2014-present)
- California State University, ChicoBachelor of Science degree, Construction Management (2005)
- Seattle University School of LawJuris Doctor degree (2011)
Oregon State Courts
Washington State Courts
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington