Peiling "Penny" Zhang
Penny Zhang specializes in electronics, hardware, software, applied physics, semiconductors, Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems (MEMS) and optical systems. She is experienced with multiple wireless systems, standards and regulations. Penny has patent application and prosecution experience in the United States and other jurisdictions.
Prior to joining Schwabe, Penny worked as a system engineer at Intel from 2010 to 2016. She was an Intel delegate at 3GPP and contributed to cellular standards of Long Term Evolution (LTE) and 5G wireless communications. During her service at Intel, Penny researched transceiver design and collaborated with regulatory agencies regarding radio frequency exposure.
- Experienced with global standardizations in wireless communications (LTE, 5G, and 802.11).
- Advocated developing radio-frequency exposure regulation before the Federal Communications Commission.
- Designed wireless transceivers on both the component level and the system level and is familiar with optical system design.
- Experienced with patent prosecution in multiple jurisdictions.
- Lewis & Clark Law SchoolJuris Doctor degree (2018)
- University of California at DavisDoctor of Philosophy, Electrical and Computer Engineering (2009)
- Beijing Institute of TechnologyBachelor of Science degree, Electrical Engineering (2003)
Oregon State Courts
United States Patent and Trademark Office