Reg Ratliff’s legal practice focuses on counseling clients in matters related to patents and representing clients before the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO). His experience includes procuring both domestic and foreign patents and encompasses the full range of USPTO proceedings, including reexamination, reissue and appeal proceedings.
Reg’s technological experience includes software systems, semiconductor process technology, microprocessors, consumer electronic products, mobile devices, digital systems, analog systems, communication networks, storage devices, and other electronics and computer related technologies.
Prior to joining Schwabe, Reg was a Partner at Hanley Flight & Zimmerman LLC as well as Senior Counsel at Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice LLP. He also worked as a Patent Examiner at the USPTO for 11 years, examining applications in the electrical arts and receiving 11 special achievement awards.
Memberships & Awards
- Bay Area Black Technology Attorneys Group
- Georgetown Technology Alliance
- 11 Special Achievement Awards, United States Patent and Trademark Office (1990-2000)
Resources & Ideas
- Georgetown University Law CenterJuris Doctor (2000)
- Tuskegee UniversityBachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering (1989)
Virginia State Courts
United States Patent and Trademark Office