Legal professionals play a critical role in making Schwabe a top-rated Pacific Northwest law firm and a great place to work. We seek highly motivated team players who are committed to providing superior client service. From paralegals to legal assistants and project managers to office assistants and file clerks, your talent and knowledge will be respected and rewarded at Schwabe.
Docketing Specialist - Portland
A large Pacific Northwest law firm based in Portland has an immediate opening in its Docketing department for a full time Docketing Specialist. The specialist will handle calendaring in a wide array of practices, with a primary focus on litigation docketing. The position, which reports to the Docketing Manager, offers the opportunity to work in a fast paced, challenging, and friendly environment.
Examples of Duties:
- Enter dated events into the firm’s docketing software (CompuLaw).
- Update and/or remove outdated docketed events as necessary.
- Review and verify information prior to input into docketing software.
- Apply knowledge of court rules to analyze court documents and incoming docket requests to determine appropriate calendaring.
- Provide docket reports on a scheduled and as-needed basis.
- Perform research of court rules and communicate findings with legal staff as requested.
- Maintain record of work performed in the firm’s document management system.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- At least two years of experience working in a legal services environment (preferably litigation, ideally litigation docketing).
- Knowledge of Oregon civil court rules, USDC-OR, bankruptcy, appellate, and other state’s jurisdictions.
- Knowledge of CompuLaw or other docketing software a plus.
- Excellent computer skills, including data entry and online court rules research.
- Proven attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with attorneys, paralegals, legal assistants, management, and co-workers.
- Highly dependable with ability to provide excellent customer service under continuous workload and daily deadlines.
- Two years of college or a combination of education and experience that ensures the ability to perform the job.
The firm offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package. Interested and qualified candidates should direct their cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to the Docketing Manager at Recruiting@schwabe.com.
Chief Talent Officer