Legal professionals play a critical role in making Schwabe a top-rated Pacific Northwest law firm and a great place to work. We seek highly motivated team players who are committed to providing superior client service. From paralegals to legal assistants and project managers to office assistants and file clerks, your talent and knowledge will be respected and rewarded at Schwabe.
Estate and Trust Administration Paralegal – Seattle
Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt is seeking an experienced Paralegal in its Seattle office.
The position requires a minimum of five years of estate and trust administration legal experience in Washington, excellent organizational abilities, communication skills, attention to detail, and a desire and ability to take ownership over work assignments and work product in a fast-paced and busy work environment.
- Knowledge of all aspects of estate and trust administration, including preparing and filing all probate court/estate administration documents.
- Ability to manage a matter from start to finish, independently and as part of the team.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Ability to work effectively under deadlines.
- Experience working with clients substantially as well as communicating with other professionals and court staff.
- Ability to collect, evaluate, maintain and monitor estate and trust assets, income, and expenses.
- Ability to facilitate asset transfers and distributions.
- Familiarity with preparing annual and final accountings along with all supporting documents.
- Knowledge of compiling tax information and preparing estate tax returns and gift tax returns.
- Experience in drafting simple wills and other estate planning documents is a plus.
- Experience working with family business entities, including filing annual reports and maintaining Minute Books is a plus.
Preferred Computer Skills:
- Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook
- Tax preparation software
A Bachelor’s degree and/or Paralegal certificate is preferred. Any satisfactory combination of experience and education will be considered.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Heather Kelly Stephen, Seattle Office Manager, at Recruiting@schwabe.com.
Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt provides a team-oriented working environment, offering competitive salaries and excellent benefits including medical, dental, life, LTD, 401(k)/profit sharing retirement, tuition reimbursement, EAP, transit subsidy, and paid time off.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other status protected by law.