Legal professionals play a critical role in making Schwabe a top-rated Pacific Northwest law firm and a great place to work. We seek highly motivated team players who are committed to providing superior client service. From paralegals to legal assistants and project managers to office assistants and file clerks, your talent and knowledge will be respected and rewarded at Schwabe.
Accounting/Billing Specialist – Portland
Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt has an opening for a full-time experienced Accounting/Billing Specialist in the Portland office. Please note this position will start out as a remote/work-from-home position. As Multnomah county reopens, this position will transition to working in our downtown Portland office.
The position requires 3+ years of experience in accounting, billing, and collections. In addition, strong computer skills and a high level of organization, accuracy with attention to detail. The successful candidate will be able to turn work around quickly, possess strong oral and written communication skills, and be a self-starter who enjoys a fast paced, team environment.
Additional skills include:
- Strong analytical, organizational, and data management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with attorneys, staff, and team members regarding commitments, deadlines, challenges and requests.
- Ability to deliver a high standard of customer service in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Working knowledge of accounting principles.
- Excellent data entry skills.
- Strong math and proofreading skills.
- Law Firm experience a plus.
- High school diploma/GED
- During month-end and other peak periods of the month, this position may require some overtime hours.
Preferred Computer Skills:
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Enterprise/3E financial system a plus and/or time and material billing experience a plus.
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to Liz Russell, at Recruiting@schwabe.com
Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt provides a team-oriented working environment, offering competitive salaries and excellent benefits including medical, dental, life, LTD, 401(k)/profit sharing retirement, tuition reimbursement, EAP, transit subsidy, and paid time off.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other status protected by law.
Christina York, SPHR, SHRM-SCP
Human Resources Director