Experience the Schwabe Way!
We seek highly motivated team players committed to continuous improvement, collaboration, and superior client service. Our legal professionals are critical in making Schwabe a top-rated Pacific Northwest law firm and a great place to work.
Schwabe is a hybrid workplace that offers equal balance, promoting diversity and equity in the legal community and the community at large.
Legal professionals play a critical role in making Schwabe a top-rated Pacific Northwest law firm and a great place to work.
Receptionist/Office Assistant – Seattle
About Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt
Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt is a Pacific Northwest law firm that offers a new client experience based on a deep industry focus. With nearly 170 attorneys, Schwabe is one of the largest Pacific Northwest regional law firms, with offices in Portland, Bend, Salem, Oregon; Seattle and Vancouver, Washington; Mountain View, California; and Anchorage, Alaska.
Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt is seeking a full-time, in-office Receptionist/Office Assistant in the Seattle office. The Receptionist/Office Assistant will deliver excellent internal and external client service in a pleasant and professional manner. In addition to greeting clients and visitors to the firm, this position requires the ability to learn and utilize computer software, follow instructions carefully and accept a full variety of projects. The Receptionist/Office Assistant will possess a high level of organizational skills; the ability to handle multiple tasks under pressure; strong written and oral communication skills; and the ability to communicate interpersonally with everyone in a professional manner. This position will be in-person in the office, Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Greet clients and visitors, oversee visitor check-in portal
- Organize and schedule conference room appointments
- Log deliveries and pick-ups
- Coordinate and order catering for lunches and events
- Schedule Zoom meetings
- Coordinate the activities in conference rooms
- Handle and trouble-shoot audio/video and video conference systems
- Maintain schedules for visiting attorney offices
- Contact entry into InterAction
- Drafting correspondence shells
- Process invoices for payment and check requests
- Travel arrangements
- Prepare expense reimbursements
- Provide project support under legal assistant or paralegal supervision
- Electronic file management, including saving emails to Filesite
- Opening, scanning, and processing incoming mail or saving to Filesite
- Scanning projects
- Handling parking validations as well as HVAC requests for the office
- Maintain facilities and work with supply, maintenance, and service vendors
- Assist accounting department by maintaining petty cash and assisting with trust checks
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects, activities and tasks simultaneously
- High level of organizational skills
- Excellent time management skills
Preferred Computer Skills:
- Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED required and one year of office experience. Any satisfactory combination of experience and education will be considered.
- Experience working in a law firm is a plus.
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to Human Resources.
Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt provides a team-oriented working environment, offering competitive salaries and excellent benefits including medical, dental, life, LTD, 401(k)/profit sharing retirement, tuition reimbursement, EAP, transit subsidy, and paid time off.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other status protected by law.
MEDICAL / DENTAL INSURANCE
- Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield
LIFE & DISABILITY INSURANCE
- Long Term Disability
- Group Term Life / AD&D
- Vision Insurance
Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Identity Theft Insurance
- Health Care Account
- Dependent Care Account
- 401 (K) Elective Deferral Plan Features
- Diverse investment options
- Model portfolios
- Roth 401(k)
- Individual planning assistance
- Employer Profit Sharing
- Auto/Home/Renter Insurance
- Travel Insurance
- Free, confidential counseling
- Parking Benefits
- Transit Subsidy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other status protected by law.
Important Note to Legal Search Consultants & Third-Party Job Posting Boards: While we sometimes receive submissions of candidates from third-party legal search firms, our posting of open positions on our website does not authorize search firms or other third parties to solicit candidates on the firm’s behalf directly. Candidates shall be referred only with prior authorization from the firm’s Director of Talent Acquisition and Integration for attorney positions. If you have any questions concerning our placement policies or wish to discuss a potential working relationship with the firm, don’t hesitate to get in touch with Schwabe’s Recruiting Department.
Schwabe comprises more than 160 lawyers and over 200 staff from diverse backgrounds—giving back to their communities, doing great legal work for amazing clients, and representing their communities at Schwabe.
Improving access to justice and providing legal services to underserved and disadvantaged.