My goal is to assist every client in navigating the complexities of litigation to best meet their individual and organizational needs.
How I represent clients at Schwabe
I assist a variety of clients, including those in the manufacturing, distribution, and retail industry. Dedicated to pursuing my clients’ interests, I have significant experience in both state and federal courts. I work collaboratively with clients to help navigate the complexities encountered during each phase of litigation.
With over 13 years of courtroom experience, I have litigated a wide array of cases involving environmental contamination, class action securities, construction defect, workers’ compensation, employment, natural resources, tort, contract, tax, and maritime legal issues.
Prior to joining Schwabe, I worked for a series of boutique law firms and as the Assistant Attorney General for the Office of the Attorney General in American Samoa.
- Analyzed technical facts and documents to build cases for trial, including complex environmental contamination and class action securities claims.
- Collaborated with team to streamline document review processes and ensure consistency, including building software tools and automation for large-scale reviews.
- Defended construction defect claims in state and federal courts.
- Litigated workers’ compensation and civil claims before administrative agencies, state courts, and administrative law judges.
- Analyzed facts and worked with experts to apply the law to complex and technical legal claims.
- Lewis & Clark Law School, Juris Doctor degree (2008)
- University of California, Davis, Bachelor of Arts degree, English and Philosophy (2003)
- California State Courts
- Oregon State Courts
- Washington State Courts
- Homewood Homeowners Association, Beach Parcel Committee Member (2010-present)
- Oregon State Bar, New Lawyers Division, Pro Bono Committee Member (2013-2015) and Chair (2015-2017)
Jay enjoys getting outside with his wife and their two kids.
Ideas & Insights
News and Insights delivered to your inbox