How I represent clients at Schwabe
I strive to provide my clients in the real estate, construction, manufacturing, retail, and maritime industries with prudent legal advice, with creative ideas, and solutions and guide them through the complex process of Chapter 11 workouts, bankruptcies, receiverships, foreclosures, and creditor representation.
As a former chair of the King County Bar Association’s Debtor-Creditor Section, I was appointed by the Chief Judge of the Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Washington to serve on the committee administering the court’s local rules regarding alternative dispute resolution, which I also chaired.
Along with my bankruptcy team members, I frequently lectured on topics related to Chapter 11 bankruptcy and other creditors’ rights issues.
- Served as counsel to the Receiver, who was tasked with marshaling and preserving assets, operating the receivership entities, assessing and marketing the businesses for sale, pursuing and defending lawsuits, and assessing the validity of claims made against the estate. (SEC vs. Aequitas Management, LLC)
- Counseled the Yellowstone Club during its Montana Chapter 11 case to a successful reorganization, including subordinating the senior secured creditor, allowing unsecured creditors to be paid in full.
- Represented the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in the TC Global (Tully’s Coffee) Chapter 11 matter, which resulted in a lucrative auction of the assets of the company for the benefit of creditors.
- Assisted the founder and largest creditor of Conenza, Inc. in acquiring the company, preserving its going concern value, and saving company contracts and the employees’ jobs.
- Gonzaga University School of Law, Juris Doctor degree, cum laude (1983); Symposium Editor, Law Review (1982-1983) Clerkship, Chief Judge of the U.S. District Court of Nevada (1980-1983)
- Webster University, Bachelor of Arts degree (1980)
- Washington State Courts
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court - Eastern District of Washington
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court - Western District of Washington
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court - Eastern District of Washington
- U.S. District Court - Western District of Washington
- American Bar Association, Bankruptcy Law and Healthcare Law Sections, Member
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Member
- Washington State Bar Association, Member
- King County Bar Association, Debtor-Creditor Section, Former Chair
- Best Lawyers in America, Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law (2009-2022)
- Washington Super Lawyers, Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights (2000-2012)
- Thomas T. Glover Mediation Panel, established under the Local Rules for the Western District of Washington Bankruptcy Court, Executive Committee, Former Chair
Rooting for the Seattle Sounders and the English Premiere League, golf, skiing and playing soccer twice a week.
Ideas & Insights
News and Insights delivered to your inbox