Nikki C. Hatton
Nikki Hatton counsels clients in the area of estate and succession planning with tact, sophistication and sensitivity. In addition to wills, trusts, and probate, she helps clients establish charitable foundations and charitable remainder and lead trusts. Clients look to Nikki to help them structure the limited liability companies and defective trusts that are instrumental in transitioning businesses and business assets to younger generations.
Nikki began her practice in Florida. Immediately before arriving in Oregon, she was an Attorney Advisor on the United States Tax Court. As an estate planning lawyer, Nikki enjoys the long-term relationships she develops with her clients and their families.
• Worked through generational business transitions in multiple industries—retail sales and supplies, ranching, timber and milling, and real property holdings.
• Has worked through the transition of the family businesses of three generations for several families and the transition through five generations for one family.
Memberships & Awards
- Estate Planning Council of Portland, Inc., Member
- Oregon State Bar, Estate Planning and Taxation Section, Member
- Washington State Bar, Real Property, Probate and Trust Section, Member
- Oregon Super Lawyers, Estate Planning & Probate (2016)
- Best Lawyers in America award
- The Muslim Educational Trust, Friend of MET award (2001)
Resources & Ideas
- Patricia D. and William B. Smullin Foundation, Board of Directors
- Janet Spencer Weekes Foundation, Board of Directors
- University of Florida School of LawLL.M in Taxation (1977)
- University of Florida School of LawJuris Doctor degree (1976)
- University of WashingtonBachelor of Arts degree (1971)
Oregon State Courts
Washington State Courts
United States Tax Court
Outside The Office
- Biking and playing golf with my daughter and Schwabe partner Pete Heuser.