As ardent admirers of the Pacific Northwest’s natural beauty, we are increasingly mindful of the impact our ecological footprint has on the local, regional, and global environment.
As a firm, together Schwabe achieves sustainability through:
- Using all sustainable cleaning products in our PacWest Center office
- Recycling 5,200 pounds of paper per month
- Archiving files electronically to reduce paper use
- Writing utensil recycling
- Purchasing recycled products, including 50% and 100% recycled paper
- Working with suppliers who use minimal packaging
- Installing lights with sensors that shut off when rooms are empty
- Placing compost, aluminum, glass, and paper recycling bins in all kitchen stations
- Employing motion sensors on our sinks
- Providing electronic, batteries, and light bulb collecting and recycling for employees
- Encouraging sustainable transportation through bicycle commuting, providing subsidies for mass transit, and offering a hybrid vehicle for firm transportation.