Bradley D. Maier
Today, employers are more dedicated to recruiting top talent than ever before—and the search doesn’t stop at national borders. Bradley Maier is an international business and compliance attorney who helps clients make sense of constantly changing U.S. immigration and customs laws, and guides them through the steps to acquire foreign talent and key personnel.
Bradley represents employers including foreign and domestic corporations, local businesses, investors, families and individuals with a wide range of immigration matters before the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service, the Labor Department, the State Department and United States Customs and Border Protection. He regularly handles applications for permanent residence based on labor certification, investment and family relationship.
Drawing on more than 15 years of experience navigating complex federal regulations, agencies and compliance programs, Bradley also advises businesses regarding pre-merger notification to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Act (HSR) for large value acquisitions, export-control under Export Administration Regulations and International Traffic in Arms Regulations for sensitive technologies, compliance with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, and notice to the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States for foreign acquisition of U.S. businesses.
- Trusted legal advisor to a wide variety of technology and software companies seeking H-1B, TN, L-1 and other nonimmigrant visas for key personnel.
- Successfully obtained permanent residence under the EB1 Extraordinary Ability category for a number of outstanding medical researchers, athletes and performing artists.
- Guided the Seattle-based subsidiary of an Australian biotech company through process to transfer and hire key scientists and managers from abroad.
- Helped professional sports teams complete their rosters and take to the field after successfully obtaining top talent from abroad through the O-1 visa category.
- Advised publically traded companies regarding anti-trust issues and HSR pre-merger notification to the FTC on multiple $200+ million acquisitions.
Memberships & Awards
- Ranked for Labor and Employment (Immigration) Lawyers in Oregon, Chambers USA (2018-2019)
- Recognized by Oregon Super Lawyers
- Lewis & Clark Law School, Cornelius Honor Society, admitted 2003
Resources & Ideas
- January 31, 2017
- April 26, 2019
- May 14, 2018
- Six practice areas and 20 attorneys singled out for excellenceJune 5, 2017
- March 11, 2016
- August 9, 2011
- August 2, 2010
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- February 18, 2016
- October 9, 2019
- July 19, 2019
- June 27, 2016
- May 27, 2016
- February 12, 2016
- January 29, 2015
- January 20, 2015
- November 12, 2014
- November 12, 2014
- February 19, 2014
- March 11, 2013
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), Member
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), Oregon Chapter, Chair and Officer (2005-2012)
- Cornelius Honor Society of the Lewis & Clark School of Law, Member
- Harambee Centre, Board Member and Treasurer (2002-2006)
- Oregon State Bar Association's Pro Bono Committee, Member (2004-2006)
- Limited Legal License Technician Task Force, Member (2013-2014)
- Northwestern School of Law, Lewis & Clark CollegeJuris Doctor degree (2002)
- Portland State UniversityBachelor of Science in Political Science, cum laude (1999)
Oregon State Courts
United States District Court, District of Oregon
Outside The Office
- Avid cyclist, cycling advocate and Cat 3 racer.