CaroLea Casas works with a variety of businesses throughout the Northwest to develop creative solutions to tough litigation challenges. She approaches every project with the same goal: to ask the right questions, provide clear communication, and deliver a thorough and well-argued final product. She works alongside other Schwabe litigators as an attentive member of the team, making sure the client always has someone in their corner.
CaroLea guides clients through complex coordinated civil litigation, disputes in both state and federal court, arbitrations, and adversary proceedings connected to bankruptcy matters.
Originally from California, CaroLea is a homegrown Schwabe lawyer, having spent both of her summers during law school working in the firm’s Seattle office. During law school, CaroLea also externed with Legal Voice and the American Civil Liberties Union of Washington.
CaroLea’s background in the service industry and volunteering with local non-profits taught her the value of strong communication and cooperative problem-solving. These opportunities gave her a genuine passion for team building and individual connection that she now carries over into her relationships with her clients.
- Engages in motion practice and complex briefing on key issues related to commercial and products related litigation.
- Successfully argued for and defeated summary judgment motions.
- Drafted a successful motion for reconsideration in federal court.
- Taken and defended key witness depositions in commercial and products disputes.
- Prepared deposition outlines for complex products liability and chemical exposure cases as well as Public Records Act litigation.
- Researches legal and factual backgrounds for cases and uses that research to draft motions for court filings and internal memoranda.
- Has experience mooting other attorneys for appellate argument.
Memberships & Awards
William L. Dwyer American Inn of Court, Member (2017-present)
Latino/a Bar Association of Washington, Member (2018-present)
Hispanic National Bar Association, Member (2019-present)
University of Washington School of Law, Texas Young Lawyers Association Mock Trial Team (2016-2018)
University of Washington School of Law, Moot Court Honor Board, Vice President of Judges (2017-2018), Member (2016-2018)
Latinx Law Students’ Association, Executive Board Member (2016-2017)
Women’s Law Caucus, Executive Board Secretary (2016-2017)
- Order of the Barristers (2018)
- Hugh Miracle Opening Statement Competition, Finalist (2018)
- Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt, 1L Diversity Fellow (2016)
Legal Voice, Board of Directors (June 2020–present)
Legal Voice, Legal Extern (spring 2018)
American Civil Liberties Union of Washington, Legal Extern (autumn 2016)
University of Washington School of Law, Washington Journal of Law, Technology & Arts, Articles Editor (2017-2018), Member (2016-2017)
- University of Washington School of LawJuris Doctor degree, Order of the Barristers (2018)
- University of Puget SoundBachelor of Arts degree, History (2015)
United States District Court for the Western District of Washington
Outside The Office
- Trying new recipes, visiting new places, and befriending new dogs.