Steven E. Cooper
Steven Cooper uses his business and tax law knowledge to provide clients with legal counsel. He actively researches complex tax and contract regulations in order to offer the latest updates. With his enthusiasm and experience for the law, Steven delivers innovative solutions to his clients’ complex business matters.
While in law school, Steven was an executive officer on the University of Oregon Moot Court Board, a staff editor for the Journal of Environmental Law and Litigation, and a finalist in the 2020 ABA Law Student Tax Challenge. He worked at an estate-planning firm during the summer before his last year of law school, where he learned the foundations to effective estate planning. He graduated in 2021 ranked first in his class. During the autumn of 2021, he completed Schwabe’s Fall Law Clerk program.
- Assisted in drafting documents for use in a multi-million dollar corporate transaction
- Provided client with comprehensive summary of Oregon property tax exemption programs
- Assisted nonprofit corporation in revising and updating governance documents
- Compiled research report on the legal use of funds gifted to charity for restricted purposes under Washington law
- Drafted research summaries and arguments for use in tax dispute negotiations with the IRS
Memberships & Awards
- University of Oregon Moot Court Board, Director of Recruitment (2019-2020)
- University of Oregon Moot Court Board, Director of Communications (2020-2021)
- Journal of Environmental Law and Litigation, Staff Editor (2019-2020)
- Frohnmayer Leadership Fellow (2018-2020)
- Order of the Coif, University of Oregon School of Law (2021)
- 3rd Place: 20th Annual ABA Law Student Tax Challenge (2021)
- 4th Place: 2020 National Tax Moot Court Competition (2020)
- Academic Excellence Award for Outstanding Public Affairs Student, Washington State University Vancouver (2018)
- University of Oregon School of LawJuris Doctor degree, Order of the Coif
- Washington State UniversityBachelor of Arts in Public Affairs summa cum laude (2018).
Oregon State Bar
Outside The Office
- Enjoying the Northern California Coast.