Dave Hailey represents sophisticated commercial real estate and corporate clients in complex real estate and business transactions including acquisitions, dispositions, financing, and leasing throughout Washington. Dave combines deal-making experience and creative problem solving skills to find workable and practical solutions to challenging legal issues and needs.
For over 14 years, Dave’s legal practice has spanned representing clients on residential purchases and sales to facilitating complex development projects exceeding $500 million. He represents real estate developers, partnerships, syndicates, publicly traded companies, lenders, and investors (both private and institutional), including Fortune 500 companies. His favorite part of practicing law is helping clients achieve their business goals and meet their objectives and needs, and helping them seek out additional resources when and where needed.
- Acquisition and financing of multi-family, mixed-use, and office buildings in Seattle, Everett and Tacoma exceeding $45 million, including inbound foreign investment.
- Land acquisition in Pierce, King, and Snohomish Counties, WA, including:
- Acquisition of a 12.8 acre parcel in King County, WA, for $22 million;
- Acquisition of a 126 acre parcel in King County, WA, for $15 million;
- Acquisition of 4.16 acre parcel, 60 lots in Renton, WA, for $4.8 million;
- Acquisition of a 14.78 acre parcel in Kent, WA, for $6.5 million;
- Acquisition of a 30.61 acre parcel in Woodinville, WA, for $19 million;
- Acquisition of a 41 single family residential lot subdivision in Kent, WA, for $7.175 million;
- Acquisition of a 8.29 acre parcel in Tacoma, WA, for $8 million; and
- Acquisition of a 2.9 acre parcel in Bothell, WA, for $14 million.
- Lead attorney on all phases of complex commercial real estate acquisitions and dispositions for high rise, office, mixed-use, and high-end residential commercial projects throughout Colorado and the Pacific Northwest.
- Acquisition of a contaminated shipyard in Tacoma, WA, for $5 million.
- Sale of a flex industrial building in Auburn, WA, for $2.95 million.
- Acquisition of a 74,900 square foot mixed-use development project in Kirkland, WA, for $8 million.
- Sale of a $5 million mixed-use and entitled multi-family development project in Redmond, WA.
- Acquisition of a 15 unit mixed-use (retail and office) building in Everett, WA, for $9.8 million.
- Acquisition and franchising work for national chain restaurant investment properties in Des Moines, WA.
- Negotiation of industrial, office, and retail leases throughout Colorado and Washington.
- Represented a national mobile home park operator with respect to a 127 lot acquisition in Mount Vernon, WA.
Memberships & Awards
- Washington State Bar Association, Member (2013–present)
- King County Bar Association, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section, Member (2013–present)
- Colorado State Bar Association, Member (2005-present)
University of Denver Sturm College of Law’s Clarence L. Bartholic Award in Legal Ethics (2005)
Resources & Ideas
- Creative dealmaker adds depth to group’s industry-focused practiceApril 17, 2020
Alzheimer’s Association, Volunteer (2011–2014)
- University of Denver Sturm College of LawJuris Doctor degree (2005)
- University of KentuckyBachelor’s degree, Business Administration in Finance (2001)
Washington State Courts
Oregon State Courts
Colorado State Courts
Outside The Office
- Backpacking and enjoying the outdoors on the trails in the Pacific Northwest.