James Estes is an accomplished lawyer with over two decades of experience. He advises clients in the real estate and construction and the healthcare industries. His experience includes working closely with senior housing clients on sale, acquisition, financing, leasing, and management contracts. James utilizes his years of practice to guide clients through complex situations and negotiations.
A strategic and pragmatic thinker, James draws on his prior in-house experience to advise clients on a broad range of legal issues that might affect their business, namely real estate, business formation, mergers and acquisitions, finance, and commercial law.
- Advised senior housing and skilled nursing operators with sale, acquisition, financing, leasing, and management contracts.
- Closed the sale of a skilled nursing company and coordinated the acquisition of eight replacement properties.
- Advised dental and physician clients with business sales and acquisitions.
- Negotiated the sale of 50 senior housing properties totaling $350 million.
- Represented a national lender with multiple credit facilities.
- Consulted on business expansions, development, and organizational structures.
- Drafted finance documents, legal opinion letters, lease agreements, organizational documents, and construction contracts.
Memberships & Awards
Multnomah County Bar Association
- Walla Walla CollegeBachelor of Arts degree, History and Environmental Studies, cum laude (1998)
- Willamette University College of LawJuris Doctor degree (2001)
Oregon State Courts
Washington State Courts