Farron Curry is an experienced litigator who helps Schwabe’s clients resolve and prevent business and employment-related disputes.
A formidable courtroom advocate
Farron regularly assists manufacturers, distributors and retailers who are facing complex litigation matters involving commercial and/or employment-related claims. She has successfully represented clients through all stages of litigation in Washington state and federal courts, including a number of arbitrations and trials. Farron is a graduate of the International Association of Defense Counsel's Trial Academy, where the faculty identified her as "a leader" and "one of the group's best."
Real life solutions
Growing up in a family that made its living in the food, beverage and grocery business, Farron gained first-hand insight into the issues manufacturers, retailers and business owners confront on a daily basis. Farron never assumes to know her client's or opponent's end goal. She always asks. Then, with that intel, she strives to find creative solutions that meet her client's objectives (just ask her about the time she literally searched for buried gold to help a client satisfy a judgment).
A valuable business resource
Farron's extensive litigation experience allows her to provide reliable, practical advice about how to avoid a lawsuit altogether. She regularly gives advice and presentations on employment and business-related issues, like employee discipline and termination, discrimination and harassment, disability and accommodation, wage and hour issues like Seattle's Paid Sick and Safe Time law, non-competition agreements, warranty and consumer protection issues, and judgment collection.
- Obtained a swift and successful resolution for one of the world’s largest privately owned food manufacturers when it was sued by a former employee alleging employment discrimination and violations of the federal and state Medical Leave Acts.
- Secured a defense verdict for a Puget Sound construction company sued for an alleged violation of the Uniform Commercial Code.
- Won summary judgment dismissal of a claim against a clothing retailer by an independent contractor who was injured while working in the retailer’s store.
- Prevailed in an arbitration hearing on behalf of a popular motorcycle manufacturer sued by a customer for an alleged breach of his bike’s warranty.
- Represented an international discount retailer and obtained a total dismissal of a multi-claim lawsuit by a former employee alleging violations of the Washington Consumer Protection Act, blacklisting, civil conspiracy, breach of promise and infliction of emotional distress.
- Won a defense verdict (and the appeal therefrom) on behalf of a national assisted living facility sued by a former employee on a novel pregnancy and gender discrimination theory.
Memberships & Awards
- Washington State Bar Association, Member
- King County Bar Association, Member
- Washington Defense Trial Lawyers, Member
- American Bar Association Section of Antitrust Law, Consumer Protection Committee, Member
- Washington Rising Stars List, Business Litigation (2012-2018)
Resources & Ideas
- 17 Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt Attorneys Named to Washington Super Lawyers and Rising Stars List in 2018Super LawyersJune 21, 2018
- 12 of Schwabe’s Washington attorneys recognized as being in the top 5 percent of their fieldJune 12, 2017
- 14 of Schwabe’s Washington attorneys recognized as being in the top 5 percent of their fieldJune 16, 2016
- March 11, 2016
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- March 13, 2018
- June 15, 2016
- Vancouver Hilton, April 26, 2016
- Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt US Bank Centre, 1420 5th Avenue, Suite 3400, Seattle, WA 98101, October 27, 2015
- Seattle, WA, June 10, 2015
- Seattle Business MagazineJuly 2019
- July 10, 2018
- May 19, 2016
- May 23, 2013
- WSBA Bar News, November 9, 2012
- August 24, 2012
2018 Employment Law Updated, Southwest Washington SHRM
November, 30, 2018
- University of Oregon School of LawJuris Doctor degree (2008)
- Gonzaga UniversityBachelor of Arts degree, magna cum laude (2005)
Washington State Courts
United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
United States District Court, Eastern District of Washington
United States District Court, Western District of Washington
Outside The Office
- You can find Farron doing anything in, on, or near water, including accepting a dare to pick up a piece of a glacier in Alaska.