Peter A. Scully
Peter Scully advises his clients on both complex litigation and transactional matters involving corporate governance, business formation, real estate, and Alaska Native law. He has represented a diverse range of clients—from Alaska Native Corporations and tribal governments to public agencies and private companies. This broad experience in both business law and litigation has made him well versed in issues involving commercial negotiations, mergers and acquisitions, shareholder disputes, and tort and contract litigation in both state and federal courts.
Peter brings a wealth of experience from his previous positions at two of Alaska’s top law firms, where he represented one of the state’s largest private healthcare provider, Alaskan-owned corporations, and national financial institutions. His diverse experience across industries allows Peter to serve as a trusted legal advisor to his clients.
Peter began his legal career as a county attorney in New York representing government agencies in litigation and environmental compliance cases. He also served as law clerk to the Honorable Frank A. Pfiffner of the Alaska Superior Court.
Resources & Ideas
- Schwabe Strengthens Natural Resources and Alaska Native Presence with Key Hires in Anchorage Office ExpansionJuly 8, 2020
- Law360July 24, 2020
- Law.comJuly 17, 2020
- Bloomberg LawJuly 13, 2020
- Vermont Law SchoolJuris Doctor degree, magna cum laude (2010)
- Vermont Law School, Master of Arts degree, Environmental Law and Policy, summa cum laude (2010)
- Bucknell University, Bachelor of Arts degree, Mathematics, magna cum laude(2004)
Alaska State Courts
New York State Courts
U.S. District Court for the District of Alaska
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
Outside The Office
- Cheering on Iditarod mushers with my wife and son.