- 45 Schwabe Attorneys Make the List of Best Lawyers in America© for 2020August 15, 2019
Schwabe attorneys recognized on the 2020 Best Lawyers in America list represent clients across the firm’s six core industry groups.
- Symantec, Cyber Standards Org Delete Lab's Antitrust SuitLaw360August 14, 2019
"It's a voluntary standard and NSS is free to ignore it," Schwabe Williamson & Wyatt PC's Brenna K. Legaard told Law360, arguing that a ruling against the organization could have chilled participation in standard-setting groups that could have found themselves open to liability.
- Angie Otto & Paige Spratt - Associated General Contractors Summer Convention PodcastPamplin Media GroupAugust 14, 2019
Angie Otto of Ball Janik and Paige Spratt of Schwabe, Williamson and Wyatt at the AGC Summer Convention at Salishan Resort.
- Obesity is Now a Protected Class in WashingtonVancouver Business JournalAugust 5, 2019
Jean Back, Of Counsel with Schwabe Williamson & Wyatt, is the advocacy director for the Southwest Washington Society for Human Resources Management and an officer on the board of the Oregon Manufacturing Extension Partnership.
- Bert Ray Named to Alaska Super Lawyers for the Eighth YearAugust 1, 2019
Bert Ray recognized as one of the top 5 percent in his field.
- Martha Pagel, former OWRD director, dies at 65Capital PressJuly 31, 2019
Prominent attorney, industry leader, and beloved member of Schwabe passed at age 65.
- Sovereign Immunity Covers Navajo Coal Plant, 9th Circ. SaysLaw360July 29, 2019
"The Ninth Circuit said green groups can't challenge the federal government's approval of a coal-fired plant and mine to continue operating on Navajo land because the plant's owner is a tribal entity and has sovereign immunity status."
- Downtown Seattle Association Welcomes New Board Leadership and MembersDowntown Seattle AssociationJuly 29, 2019
Schwabe CEO Graciela Gomez Cowger joins the Downtown Seattle Association Board of Directors.
- Martha Pagel: Giant of the Oregon Water BarAmerican College of Environmental LawyersJuly 25, 2019
- Derrick De Vera's Leadership Tomorrow 2019 Commencement SpeechJuly 10, 2019
Schwabe’s Derrick De Vera represented his Leadership Tomorrow class as graduation speaker. “I’ve learned to build trust and belonging by being more fearless, open, and vulnerable about who I AM. That it’s more than okay to show up FULLY. In fact, there is great influence in that.” Listen to his full speech here.
- 24 Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt Attorneys Named to Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists in 2019Super LawyersJuly 5, 2019
Schwabe Oregon attorneys recognized as being in the top 2.5 percent of their field.
- Graciela Gomez Cowger Selected to National Influencers ListJuly 2, 2019
Schwabe's CEO Graciela Gomez Cowger selected to a national list of notable attorneys. The Business Journals’ Influencers: Law spotlights attorneys who are driving business for their employers, and for their clients, in cities across the country.
- Chamber Honors WIBLI Awards Winners For Achievements Advancing Gender EquityJune 24, 2019
Graciela Gomez Cowger, CEO of Schwabe, received the WIBLI Female Leader of the Year Award, honoring exemplary leadership traits and significant contributions to gender equity in our region.
- Ritz-Carlton Hotel, Condos Coming to Downtown Food Cart Pod SiteThe OregonianJune 20, 2019
Congratulations to BPM Real Estate Group on their most recent project - bringing the Ritz-Carlton, additional office space, and luxury condos to Portland. Schwabe is proud to have worked with BPM on such a successful project.
- 15 Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt Attorneys Named to the 2019 Washington Super Lawyers and Rising Stars ListsSuper LawyersJune 11, 2019
Schwabe Washington attorneys recognized as being in the top five percent of their field.
- Real Estate and Construction Industry in the PNW SurveyJune 10, 2019
Are you a leader in the PNW Real Estate and Construction industry?
- Under Construction Podcast: Expect Nothing, Appreciate EverythingMay 13, 2019
Graciela Gomez Cowger, CEO of Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt, discusses her childhood in Tijuana, Mexico, what it means to be CEO of a law firm, and the beginning of a surprising hobby.
- 2019 Chambers USA Rankings Give Schwabe High MarksApril 26, 2019
In Chamber USA’s 2019 rankings, Schwabe is identified as an industry leader in six practice areas: Corporate/M&A, Environment, Intellectual Property, Labor & Employment, General Commercial Litigation, and Real Estate.