- Celebrating Women: Beyond Legal AdviceSharing what we wish we knew for Women’s History Month, Vol. 3April 6, 2020
To wrap up Women's History Month, this edition features women of Schwabe and our community sharing a little advice to other women—and their younger selves.
- What Happens When the Rent is Due? Puget Sound Business JournalApril 3, 2020
Commercial leases already are being redone with short-term rent abatements amortized over the remainder of the contract, or permanently reducing rents, said attorney Aaron Laing, a shareholder at Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt in Seattle.
- The National Observer: Wednesday, April 1, 2020National ObserverApril 1, 2020
"What I'm hearing pretty consistently from landlords and tenants is that everybody understands that we're in this together," said Aaron Laing, a real estate attorney and shareholder at Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt in Seattle.
- COVID-19 Resource PageSpring 2020
Spanning several key industry groups, we aim to give insight and guidance on what you should know and the actions you should take related to COVID-19.
- Rent is Due Tomorrow, and It's Not Going to be PrettyPuget Sound Business JournalMarch 31, 2020
Schwabe's Aaron Laing talks about the impacts of COVID-19 on Seattle's rental market.
- What Will the Local Real Estate Industry Look Like After the Pandemic?Daily Journal of CommerceMarch 26, 2020
- 61-year-old Chase's Pancake Corral Serves Up Comfort During COVID-19 Outbreak, One Flapjack at a TimePuget Sound Business JournalMarch 25, 2020
61-year-old Chase's Pancake Corral Serves Up Comfort During COVID-19 Outbreak, One Flapjack at a Time
- Celebrating Women: Beyond Legal AdviceSharing what we wish we knew for Women’s History Month, Vol. 2March 23, 2020
In continued celebration of Women's History Month, this edition features women of Schwabe and our community sharing a little advice to other women—and their younger selves.
- Celebrating Women: Beyond Legal AdviceSharing what we wish we knew for 2020 Women’s History MonthMarch 10, 2020
In celebration of 2020 Women's History Month, this series features women of Schwabe sharing a little advice to other women—and their younger selves.
- ICTSI Oregon, Inc.'s President and CEO Elvis Ganda Issues Statement Following March 5, 2020 Opinion and Order Addressing the ILWU's Post-Verdict MotionsMarch 5, 2020
ICTSI Oregon, Inc.’s President and CEO Elvis Ganda issued the following statement after the court issued its March 5, 2020 Opinion and Order addressing the ILWU’s post-verdict motions:
- On Leadership: “I’m Extremely Comfortable with Change,” Says Graciela Gomez Cowger, CEO of Schwabe, Williamson & WyattThomson ReutersMarch 4, 2020
In this installment, Rose speaks with Graciela Gomez Cowger, CEO of Schwabe, Williamson, & Wyatt, about being an agent of change, her firm’s approach to client service, and being close to clients.
- Schwabe Strengthens Industry Focus with Promotion of Six Attorneys to ShareholderFebruary 28, 2020
Jamee Asher, Jean Back, Eric Blank, Ryan Dumm, Maria Schmidlkofer, and Garrett Stephenson have been named shareholders at Schwabe
- Schwabe About Town: Schwabe Attorneys Attend Seattle’s State of Downtown ConferenceFebruary 25, 2020
Schwabe attends Downtown Seattle Association's State of Downtown event
- Amy Cornelius Featured in Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW)CREW PortlandFebruary 21, 2020
Amy makes CREW member spotlight for Women in Commercial Real Estate.
- 8 Questions About the CATBusiness TribuneFebruary 6, 2020
Schwabe, Williamson and Wyatt attorney Dan Eller assists clients with tax and business law issues in both transactions and controversies. The Business Tribune asked him how he sees the coming Corporate Activity Tax (CAT).
- Connie Sue Martin AGC of Washington Associate of the Year 2019Daily Journal of CommerceJanuary 27, 2020
Connie Sue Martin is the chair of the AGC Environmental Committee and is being recognized for her outstanding leadership in the negotiation, passage and the implementation of the state's Expedited Voluntary Cleanup Bill.
- From Oregon to Washington, Associate to Rookie, Schwabe Attorneys Lauded at Annual MeetingsJanuary 24, 2020
Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt, P.C. attorneys were big winners at the Associated General Contractors (AGC) 2020 Annual Dinners in both Washington and Oregon on January 24th. Connie Sue Martin was the recipient of the Associate of the Year Award 2019 from AGC of Washington, and Paige Spratt received the Rookie of the Year Award 2019 from AGC Oregon – Columbia Chapter.
- Brendan Crowley Bolsters Schwabe’s Real Estate and Construction Industry Group FocusKey new team member adds depth to group’s industry-focused practiceJanuary 21, 2020
Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt is excited to announce that Brendan Crowley is joining the firm, adding considerable experience in real estate law to Schwabe’s deep bench in the industry.
- Attorney Explains Pitfalls of Farm Succession PlanningCapital PressJanuary 15, 2020
As Oregon farmers and ranchers get older, the need for estate planning is growing more urgent to ensure working lands remain in operation.
- 9th Circuit Won't Rethink Enviros' Suit Over Navajo Coal PlantLaw360December 16, 2019
The Ninth Circuit on Wednesday rejected green groups' bid to revive their challenge to the U.S. Department of the Interior's approval for the continued operation of a coal-fired plant on Navajo land, leaving in place a panel's ruling that the tribe's sovereign immunity blocked the suit.
- Seattle’s Real Estate Market Is Booming, but That Growth Poses Major Challenges for the CitySeattle BusinessDecember 13, 2019
Seattle’s real estate market is experiencing unprecedented growth driven by an explosive tech sector, but the city also is facing significant challenges due to the fallout from that growth.
- Four Steps to Financial HealthCapital PressDecember 12, 2019
Believing in the future of agriculture, Lauren Lucht assumed the responsibilities of Northwest Transplants from her parents. As the operating CEO, Lucht said the Molalla-based company grows a total of about 90 million vegetable, herb and flower seedlings on contract for growers throughout the Northwest.