- Portland Area Breast Milk Maker Scores Patent Victory in Federal CourtPortland Business JournalFebruary 14, 2019
A Wilsonville maker of breast milk-based food for preterm infants scored a victory in its lawsuit against a larger competitor.
- PBJ Executives of the Year 2018: Graciela Gomez Cowger of Schwabe Williamson & WyattFebruary 7, 2019
Graciela Gomez Cowger is helping Schwabe retain its status as one of the city's go-to business firms.
- Experts Say Tech Trends Will Hit Bend Real Estate MarketThe BulletinFebruary 7, 2019
Autonomous vehicles, i-buyers could change the industry.
- Columbia Sportswear Sues Seirus, Ventex For Patent Challenge FraudBloomberg LawJanuary 30, 2019
Columbia sued Seirus and Ventex Jan. 29 in U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon for conspiring to commit fraud, abusing court process, and violating federal and Oregon state racketeering laws.
- Columbia Sportswear Says Rival Fraudulently Funded IPRsLaw360January 30, 2019
Columbia Sportswear North America Inc. accused rival Seirus Innovative Accessories Inc. in federal court of scheming with its fabric vendor to secretly and illegally fund Patent Trial and Appeal Board...
- After 6-year patent fight, Columbia slaps rival with $20 million racketeering lawsuitThe OregonianJanuary 30, 2019
What began as a garden variety patent fight for Columbia Sportswear has morphed into a nasty six-year legal battle replete with bitter accusations of fraud, perjury and double-dealing.
- Graciela Gomez Cowger Honored with Portland Business Journal's Executive of the Year AwardJanuary 18, 2019
Graciela is one of 12 executives honored with Portland Business Journal’s 2018 Executive of the Year award.
- Fostering Creativity and Change: Ex-Engineer Graciela Gomez Cowger Brings Innovation and Efficiencies to LawOregon State BarJanuary 9, 2019
Graciela Gomez Cowger parlayed a successful career as an engineer into a specialty legal practice in intellectual property. Now she is applying those combined backgrounds into leading one of Oregon's largest law firms.
- The Talent Crunch: How to Hire and RetainPuget Sound Business JournalDecember 18, 2018
In a recent survey, more than half of employers and managers said they’re hiring in 2018, but three-quarters said their industries face severe skills shortages.
- Schwabe Ranked #2 on Portland Business Journal's List of Oregon’s Most Admired CompaniesPortland Business JournalDecember 17, 2018
Nearly 1,000 Oregon business leaders determined the region's most-admired businesses.
- 3 Portland Attorneys Talk #MeToo at the One-Year Mark Portland Business JournalDecember 13, 2018
Schwabe attorney Amanda Gamblin shares how the #MeToo movement has affected workplace policies.
- Schwabe Williamson & Wyatt Joins WSG as New Exclusive Member for Oregon, Washington and AlaskaDecember 11, 2018
WSG consists of the highest quality members, each of whom are dedicated to sharing knowledge and building beneficial relationships to best serve clients across practice areas and geographies.
- Thought Leader Forum: Technology and How Innovation Is Changing Portland BusinessPortland Business JournalNovember 30, 2018
Schwabe's Karri K. Bradley joins the panel of experts to discuss trends, their expectations for technology companies, and the challenges ahead.
- Dan Eller receives OSB Taxation Section Pro Bono Award November 20, 2018
Congratulations to Schwabe Williamson & Wyatt partner, Dan Eller, who received the first OSB Taxation Section Pro Bono Award and was elected Chair of the Portland Tax Forum.
- Schwabe Is Nationally Recognized in the 2019 Best Law Firms ListNovember 15, 2018
Schwabe proudly announces top national rankings by U.S. News—Best Law Firms, one of the nation's leading publications in the ranking of law firms and attorneys.
- Core Values Help Vigor Navigate New WatersPortland Business JournalNovember 9, 2018
Interview with Schwabe client Vigor about how the company is driving change in the area of workforce practices.
- How Can Manufacturers Improve and Expand Their Workforce?Oregon BusinessNovember 8, 2018
Out of more than 100 manufacturers surveyed in the Pacific Northwest, over 75% reported the same top-of-mind challenge to growth: attracting and retaining a skilled workforce.
- Tribal Treaty Right May Sway Justices in Wash. Tax FightLaw360November 2, 2018
The U.S. Supreme Court weighed whether a Yakama Nation company should be subject to a Washington state fuel tax during oral arguments over the past week, and attorneys say the tribe's chances for success hinge on the court’s apparent willingness to endorse a strong tribal treaty right to conduct business using off-reservation highways.
- Lease Crutcher Lewis Sets an Example for Diversifying the Construction IndustryPortland Business JournalNovember 1, 2018
The team from Schwabe caught up with CEO Bart Ricketts to discuss the many challenges facing the industry and how Lease Crutcher Lewis is tackling them head on.
- Glove Lining Fight Could Lock in Damages Test Used in Apple CaseBloomberg LawOctober 30, 2018
The test that a California federal court used to hand Apple Inc. a $533 million award for its patented designs is going under the microscope in a case involving winter gloves.