- Schwabe CEO Graciela Gomez Cowger honored with Athena AwardApril 13, 2018
Dress for Success Oregon has named Schwabe CEO Graciela Gomez Cowger as a winner of its 2018 Athena Award. The Athena Award, presented to women who, like the Greek goddess Athena, model wisdom, courage, strength and are making great achievements and contributing back to the community.
- Schwabe Opens Anchorage, AK, Office to Further CommitmentApril 13, 2018
Schwabe opens new office in Anchorage expands Transportation, Ports and Maritime industry group to 29 attorneys.
- Oregon Festival Sues Coachella Over Five-State Radius Clause, Alleged Anti-Competitive BehaviorApril 10, 2018
Lawyer Nicholas F. Aldrich says numerous artists have turned down participating in Soul'd Out, citing "the unlawful radius clause in their contracts with Coachella as the sole reason that they cannot do so."
- Marijuana Ban May be Keeping Some from Entering Marine IndustryMarch 30, 2018
“The Coast Guard has been abundantly clear that those federal regulations pre-empt any state laws,” said Amanda Gamblin, an employment law attorney with Schwabe Williamson & Wyatt in the Pacific Northwest, an area in the thick of the recreational marijuana world.
- Am I Going to Jail? Criminal Liability for Workplace DeathsMarch 21, 2018
In Washington State, criminal prosecutors recently charged the owner of a construction company with negligent homicide after a worker died in a trench collapse.
- Schwabe Strengthens Industry Focus with Promotion of Six Attorneys to ShareholderMarch 12, 2018
Schwabe announced that Nika Aldrich, David Anderson, Ryen Godwin, Milt Reimers, Ryan Strauss and Jennifer Woodhouse have been named shareholders at the firm.
- Portland-Area Medical Device Maker Wins Big Patent VictoryMarch 5, 2018
A small Wilsonville medical maker of diabetes care products won a major patent victory last week that has billions of dollars worth of implications.
- PTAB Upholds Claims Of 2 Glucose Monitoring PatentsMarch 5, 2018
The Patent Trial and Appeal Board has found that numerous claims from two patents relating to continuous glucose monitoring are valid after a San Diego manufacturer challenged the patents belonging to a New Hampshire-based rival in inter partes reviews.
- Decision Time for Puyallup—Cost of Troubled Road Project and Lawsuit Approach $7 MillionMarch 3, 2018
Attorney Joe Straus stands before Puyallup City Council members to discuss the price of Puyallup's troubled road project.
- Top Employment Law Updates for ManufacturersFebruary 15, 2018
The end of 2017 brought ups and downs with respect to employment law changes for Oregon manufacturers.
- Ten things we learned about Graciela Gomez Cowger at the Feb. 7 Boardroom BreakfastFebruary 13, 2018
John McDonagh, co-publisher of the Vancouver Business Journal, sat down with Graciela Gomez Cowger, CEO of Schwabe Williamson & Wyatt. Here are 10 things we learned about Cowger and Schwabe Williamson & Wyatt.
- Land Use Veteran Bolsters Real Estate and Construction Industry TeamFebruary 9, 2018
Michael Robinson is well-known throughout Oregon for his land use representation, focusing on obtaining land use approvals and highway access permits for commercial, residential and institutional development.
- Schwabe Tech Attorneys Attend the Consumer Electronics ShowJanuary 19, 2018
Tech standards represented by Schwabe showed off complex ecosystems and product landscapes that are emerging based on these tech standards’ specifications.
- Congratulations to Dave Bartz, 2018 Recipient of the Frohnmayer Award for Public ServiceJanuary 12, 2018
Dave is the 2018 recipient of the Frohnmayer Award for Public Service, given annually since 2002 by the University of Oregon’s Law School Alumni Association.
- Editor's Notebook: 26 percent of Puget Sound region's new CEOs are womenJanuary 5, 2018
The Puget Sound region added 11 women to its CEO ranks this year, our own Graciela Gomez Cowger being one of them.
- Schwabe Grows Healthcare & Technology Industry Groups with Addition of Attorney Cristin WagnerDecember 27, 2017
Cristin specializes in helping innovative companies develop, protect, and enforce their intellectual property portfolios.
- Schwabe Strengthens Technology Group with Addition of Cray, Inc. Alumna Ruby Hou AlexanderDecember 22, 2017
We are pleased to announce that Ruby Hou Alexander has joined Schwabe’s Seattle office.