- How Can Manufacturers Improve and Expand Their Workforce?Oregon BusinessNovember 8, 2018
Out of more than 100 manufacturers surveyed in the Pacific Northwest, over 75% reported the same top-of-mind challenge to growth: attracting and retaining a skilled workforce.
- Tribal Treaty Right May Sway Justices in Wash. Tax FightLaw360November 2, 2018
The U.S. Supreme Court weighed whether a Yakama Nation company should be subject to a Washington state fuel tax during oral arguments over the past week, and attorneys say the tribe's chances for success hinge on the court’s apparent willingness to endorse a strong tribal treaty right to conduct business using off-reservation highways.
- Glove Lining Fight Could Lock in Damages Test Used in Apple CaseBloomberg LawOctober 30, 2018
The test that a California federal court used to hand Apple Inc. a $533 million award for its patented designs is going under the microscope in a case involving winter gloves.
- Companies Weigh In on "State of Manufacturing" in Pacific NorthwestBusiness TribuneOctober 11, 2018
Struggles to find skilled workers and worries over the impact of tariffs aren't enough to tarnish the largely positive outlook of companies involved in manufacturing in Oregon and Washington.
- New Study Shows Improving, Expanding Workforce Top Challenge for Pacific Northwest ManufacturersOregon BusinessOctober 10, 2018
Today Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt and Aldrich Advisors released State of Manufacturing in the Pacific Northwest, a survey detailing insight from more than 100 executives representing long-standing Pacific Northwest manufacturers.
- Governor Inslee appoints Averil Budge Rothrock to King County Superior Court Washington Governor Jay InsleeOctober 9, 2018
For 25 years, Rothrock has worked in a complex civil litigation practice at Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt in Seattle, focused on civil appeals in state and federal court, and a complex motion practice in the trial courts.
- Manufacturers in Northwest Say Finding Skilled Labor Is Greatest ChallengeThe ColumbianOctober 3, 2018
Results of an anonymous survey paint a picture of a tight regional labor market in which a majority of manufacturers are seeking to grow their workforce but face challenges in attracting and retaining skilled employees.
- Protecting Client Privacy—A New Practice Area Responds to Rapidly Evolving NeedsOregon State Bar BulletinOctober 3, 2018
The big problem is that protected health information now is easily and widely available to many more people than before the change to electronic medial records.
- What Dozens of Oregon Manufacturers Told Schwabe About the State of the IndustryPortland Business JournalOctober 1, 2018
Workforce management, tax policy and technological impacts were some of the top issues mentioned by manufacturers responding to a survey commissioned by Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt and Aldrich Advisors.
- Manufacturers in Northwest Say Finding Skilled Labor is Greatest ChallengeThe ColumbianOctober 1, 2018
Pacific Northwest manufacturers across a broad spectrum of industries are optimistic about the future but concerned about the ability to grow their workforce, which is seen as the biggest challenge facing Northwest manufacturers.
- Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt and Aldrich to Host Second Annual Manufacturing SymposiumBusiness TribuneSeptember 25, 2018
Join your fellow manufacturers to learn about key challenges and issues facing manufacturers in the Pacific Northwest and ways that your business can be successful during these changing times.
- Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt and Aldrich to Host Second Annual Manufacturing SymposiumOregon BusinessSeptember 19, 2018
On Sept. 28, Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt and Aldrich will bring together manufacturing professionals from across the Pacific Northwest to learn, share ideas and receive well-rounded perspectives from industry professionals on challenges and issues facing manufacturers today.
- Blockchaining UpBusiness TribuneSeptember 18, 2018
Portland firms put a smiley face on complex crypto technology, as the gold rush begins.
- Blockchain Venture Studio to Open in PortlandOregon BusinessSeptember 13, 2018
Venture capitalists say blockchain, a distributed ledger technology, will transform business as we know it. Portland seeks a leading role in that revolution.
- Opinion: Legal industry needs to take a fresh look at recruiting strategiesPuget Sound Business JournalSeptember 4, 2018
An op-ed on the benefits of secondments for diversity recruiting and professional development written by Lisa Schaures and Omar Contreras.
- Three Schwabe Attorneys with Arizona Ties Serve Natural Resource UsersSeptember 4, 2018
Three Schwabe lawyers have been working to benefit natural resource users, including timber operators, cattle growers, farmers, dairy producers and miners.
- Portland-Based Touchmark's CEO on Helping Seniors Live Large in RetirementPortland Business JournalAugust 23, 2018
- Molly Henry Joins Schwabe’s Transportation, Ports & Maritime GroupAugust 17, 2018
Key new team member further deepens group’s expansion in Alaska, Washington and Oregon