- New Study Shows Strong Confidence in Pacific Northwest Commercial Real Estate and Construction MarketOctober 1, 2019
Schwabe commissioned a survey with the American City Business Journals to explore attitudes and behaviors and to uncover industry trends and insights. Over 700 participants responded to the survey, evenly spread across Washington and Oregon.
- Business Leaders Express Confidence in Washington’s Construction and Commercial Real Estate SectorsSeattle Business MagazineOctober 1, 2019
The strong, diversified Puget Sound economy should help the region ride out an anticipated nationwide downturn, survey respondents say
- William F. Abrams Strengthens Schwabe’s Technology Industry GroupSeptember 16, 2019
IP, Technology, and Business Law Attorney Adds Even More Depth to Schwabe’s Industry Focus
- Shippers Sue Over Port FeeSeptember 15, 2019
David Boyajian, a ship captain and attorney with Schwabe, wrote the fee “bears no relationship to costs created by or services provided to passing vessels. Indeed, the vessels do not cost the Port a penny, nor do they request or receive any benefits or services from the Port of Astoria — they just get a bill.”
- Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt and Kinesis to Host Commercial Real Estate and Construction SymposiumSeptember 13, 2019
Come learn from the insights of over 700 industry veterans who’ve shared their thoughts and strategies for the coming year.
- 2019 Women of Vision award winners namedSeptember 9, 2019
Scwabe attorneys, Charmin Shiely and Paige B Spratt, recognized as 2019 Women of Vision Award winners represent clients in the Real Estate and Construction, Healthcare and Life Sciences, and Transportation, Ports and Maritime industry groups.
- 45 Schwabe Attorneys Make the List of Best Lawyers in America© for 2020August 15, 2019
Schwabe attorneys recognized on the 2020 Best Lawyers in America list represent clients across the firm’s six core industry groups.
- Symantec, Cyber Standards Org Delete Lab's Antitrust SuitLaw360August 14, 2019
"It's a voluntary standard and NSS is free to ignore it," Schwabe Williamson & Wyatt PC's Brenna K. Legaard told Law360, arguing that a ruling against the organization could have chilled participation in standard-setting groups that could have found themselves open to liability.
- Angie Otto & Paige Spratt - Associated General Contractors Summer Convention PodcastPamplin Media GroupAugust 14, 2019
Angie Otto of Ball Janik and Paige Spratt of Schwabe, Williamson and Wyatt at the AGC Summer Convention at Salishan Resort.
- Obesity is Now a Protected Class in WashingtonVancouver Business JournalAugust 5, 2019
Jean Back, Of Counsel with Schwabe Williamson & Wyatt, is the advocacy director for the Southwest Washington Society for Human Resources Management and an officer on the board of the Oregon Manufacturing Extension Partnership.
- Bert Ray Named to Alaska Super Lawyers for the Eighth YearAugust 1, 2019
Bert Ray recognized as one of the top 5 percent in his field.
- Martha Pagel, former OWRD director, dies at 65Capital PressJuly 31, 2019
Prominent attorney, industry leader, and beloved member of Schwabe passed at age 65.
- Sovereign Immunity Covers Navajo Coal Plant, 9th Circ. SaysLaw360July 29, 2019
"The Ninth Circuit said green groups can't challenge the federal government's approval of a coal-fired plant and mine to continue operating on Navajo land because the plant's owner is a tribal entity and has sovereign immunity status."
- Downtown Seattle Association Welcomes New Board Leadership and MembersDowntown Seattle AssociationJuly 29, 2019
Schwabe CEO Graciela Gomez Cowger joins the Downtown Seattle Association Board of Directors.
- Martha Pagel: Giant of the Oregon Water BarAmerican College of Environmental LawyersJuly 25, 2019
- Derrick De Vera's Leadership Tomorrow 2019 Commencement SpeechJuly 10, 2019
Schwabe’s Derrick De Vera represented his Leadership Tomorrow class as graduation speaker. “I’ve learned to build trust and belonging by being more fearless, open, and vulnerable about who I AM. That it’s more than okay to show up FULLY. In fact, there is great influence in that.” Listen to his full speech here.
- 24 Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt Attorneys Named to Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists in 2019Super LawyersJuly 5, 2019
Schwabe Oregon attorneys recognized as being in the top 2.5 percent of their field.
- Graciela Gomez Cowger Selected to National Influencers ListJuly 2, 2019
Schwabe's CEO Graciela Gomez Cowger selected to a national list of notable attorneys. The Business Journals’ Influencers: Law spotlights attorneys who are driving business for their employers, and for their clients, in cities across the country.