- 3 Takeaways on the Current State of ManufacturingMarch 21, 2019
The results of this survey reveal insights into the current state of manufacturing, what the main concerns are, and what we, as economic developers, should keep an eye on going forward.
- Largest Law Firms Practicing Commercial Real Estate Law in the Portland Metro AreaPortland Business JournalMarch 7, 2019
Schwabe ranks #2 on Portland Business Journal’s annual Largest Law Firms Practicing Commercial Real Estate Law in the Portland Metro Area list. Click here to learn more about our Real Estate and Construction industry group.
- Schwabe Strengthens Industry Focus with Promotion of Three Attorneys to ShareholderMarch 5, 2019
- Meet the PBJ's 2019 Women of Influence Class: Graciela Gomez Cowger HonoredFebruary 26, 2019
Graciela Gomez Cowger named one of Portland Business Journal's Women of Influence for making "major splashes in the legal field."
- PTAB Tosses Columbia Fabric IP Challenge Due to Time BarLaw360February 21, 2019
“Columbia is pleased with the PTAB’s decision, which recognizes that Ventex filed the IPRs as a proxy for, on behalf of, and for the benefit of Seirus, which was apparently done to circumvent statutory requirements,” said Nika Aldrich.
- Portland Area Breast Milk Maker Scores Patent Victory in Federal CourtPortland Business JournalFebruary 14, 2019
A Wilsonville maker of breast milk-based food for preterm infants scored a victory in its lawsuit against a larger competitor.
- How Midsize Firms Can Prioritize Partner Diversity Past "Checking the Box"Law.comFebruary 14, 2019
Cowger, who is Hispanic, took the reins at Schwabe in 2017. She said her firm leads by example, given that “we are one of the few firms that has a person of color leading it.”
- PBJ Executives of the Year 2018: Graciela Gomez Cowger of Schwabe, Williamson & WyattFebruary 7, 2019
Graciela Gomez Cowger is helping Schwabe retain its status as one of the city's go-to business firms.
- Experts Say Tech Trends Will Hit Bend Real Estate MarketThe BulletinFebruary 7, 2019
Autonomous vehicles, i-buyers could change the industry.
- Columbia Sportswear Sues Seirus, Ventex for Patent Challenge FraudBloomberg LawJanuary 30, 2019
Columbia sued Seirus and Ventex Jan. 29 in U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon for conspiring to commit fraud, abusing court process, and violating federal and Oregon state racketeering laws.
- Columbia Sportswear Says Rival Fraudulently Funded IPRsLaw360January 30, 2019
Columbia Sportswear North America Inc. accused rival Seirus Innovative Accessories Inc. in federal court of scheming with its fabric vendor to secretly and illegally fund Patent Trial and Appeal Board challenges.
- After 6-Year Patent Fight, Columbia Slaps Rival with $20 Million Racketeering LawsuitThe OregonianJanuary 30, 2019
What began as a garden variety patent fight for Columbia Sportswear has morphed into a nasty six-year legal battle replete with bitter accusations of fraud, perjury and double-dealing.
- Graciela Gomez Cowger Honored with Portland Business Journal's Executive of the Year AwardJanuary 18, 2019
Graciela is one of 12 executives honored with Portland Business Journal’s 2018 Executive of the Year award.
- Fostering Creativity and Change: Ex-Engineer Graciela Gomez Cowger Brings Innovation and Efficiencies to LawOregon State BarJanuary 9, 2019
Graciela Gomez Cowger parlayed a successful career as an engineer into a specialty legal practice in intellectual property. Now she is applying those combined backgrounds into leading one of Oregon's largest law firms.