I seek to ease and simplify an emotionally difficult process by providing efficient and effective assistance to my clients and a well-tailored plan that suits each unique individual and family.
How I represent clients at Schwabe
I’m passionate about helping clients achieve their estate planning and tax goals, along with advising those who are navigating the administration of a loved one’s trust or estate after they’ve passed away. Designing each estate plan to fit my client’s specific objectives, I am experienced in high-net-worth estates, probate proceedings (including a number of circumstances outside the normal probate procedure, such as wrongful death probate proceedings, nonconforming wills, and contested estate matters), estate and gift tax returns, and complex trust administrations.
Prior to joining Schwabe, I worked for other estate planning firms in Oregon.
- Drafted probate pleadings and filed with various courts throughout Oregon.
- Drafted complete estate plans that ranged from simple to complex tax planning, including irrevocable trusts such as irrevocable life insurance trusts, qualified personal residence trusts, and charitable remainder trusts.
- Prepared Oregon, Washington, and federal estate tax returns and federal gift tax returns.
- Advised clients on after-death trust administration and probate laws and procedures.
- Willamette University College of Law, Juris Doctor degree (2017)
- Willamette University, Master of Business Administration for Business, Government, and Not-for-Profit Management degree (2017)
- University of Alaska Anchorage , Bachelor of Arts degree, Psychology (2012)
- Oregon State Courts
- Washington State Courts
- The Order of Barristers, Willamette University College of Law Chapter, Member
- Oregon State Bar Estate Planning & Administration, Elder Law and Taxation Sections, Member
- Washington State Bar Elder Law and Real Property, Probate, and Trust Sections, Member
- Marion County Bar Association, Member
- Oregon Women Lawyers, Member
- Willamette Valley Estate Planning Council, Member
- Induction into the Order of Barristers (a national honor society for oral advocacy), Willamette University College of Law Chapter (2017)
- Boys & Girls Club of Salem, Volunteer Mock Trial Coach (2018)
- Willamette University College of Law, Mentor (2017-2020, 2023-present)
I can be found traveling or spending time with my husband, two young daughters, and dog, Wallace (a big floppy sheepadoodle affectionately named after the Portland Trail Blazers great Rasheed Wallace). When the kids aren’t keeping us busy with their ever-growing list of activities, I am reading, baking, or attempting to garden, where even marginal successes bring me thrills.
Ideas & Insights
News and Insights delivered to your inbox