Experienced, focused, creative problem solver.
How I represent clients at Schwabe
Today’s employers are more dedicated to recruiting top talent than ever before—and the search doesn’t stop at national borders. I am an international business and compliance attorney that helps clients make sense of frequently changing U.S. immigration and customs laws and guide them through the steps to acquire foreign talent and key personnel.
We represent employers that include foreign companies expanding operations to the U.S. or seeking to transfer key employees from abroad, domestic companies from across the U.S. looking to hire international talent, and individual investors with a wide range of immigration matters before the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service, the Labor Department, the State Department and United States Customs and Border Protection. From temporary to permanent solutions, we regularly handle applications for permanent residence based on labor certification, investment, and family.
Drawing on more than 20 years of experience navigating complex federal regulations, agencies, and compliance programs, I also advise businesses regarding pre-merger notification to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Act (HSR) for large value acquisitions, export-control under Export Administration Regulations, and International Traffic in Arms Regulations for sensitive technologies, compliance with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, and notice to the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States for foreign acquisition of U.S. businesses.
- Trusted legal advisor to a wide variety of technology, software, healthcare, and other companies seeking H-1B, TN, L-1, E-3, and other nonimmigrant visas for key personnel.
- Great success obtaining temporary visas and permanent residence under the Extraordinary Ability category for sports teams, medical researchers, athletes, and performing artists.
- Helped dozens of individuals from around the world obtain visas and status as E-1 and E-2 treaty trader and investors.
- Advised publically traded companies regarding anti-trust issues and HSR pre-merger notification to the FTC on multiple $200+ million acquisitions.
- Northwestern School of Law, Lewis & Clark College, Juris Doctor degree (2002)
- Portland State University, Bachelor of Science in Political Science, cum laude (1999)
- Oregon State Courts
- U.S. District Court - District of Oregon
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), Member
- Limited Legal License Technician Task Force, Member (2013-2014)
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), Oregon Chapter, Chair and Officer (2005-2012)
- Oregon State Bar Association’s Pro Bono Committee, Member (2004-2006)
- Cornelius Honor Society of the Lewis & Clark School of Law, Member
- Ranked for Immigration Lawyers in Oregon, Chambers USA (2020-2023)
- Ranked for Labor and Employment (Immigration) Lawyers in Oregon, Chambers USA (2018-2019)
- Recognized by Oregon Super Lawyers
- Lewis & Clark Law School, Cornelius Honor Society, admitted 2003
Oregon Ballet Theatre, Board Member (2010-2013)
Ideas & Insights
News and Insights delivered to your inbox