Yvonne E. Tingleaf
Yvonne Tingleaf brings both legal experience and a client-side perspective to advising on intellectual property protection and Internet matters. In addition to representing clients at Schwabe, she previously worked as an in-house counsel responsible for trademark portfolio management and licensing.
Protecting and leveraging trademarks and copyrights
Yvonne helps clients protect domestic and international trademarks and copyrights by searching and clearing trademarks, prosecuting domestic and international trademark and copyright applications, developing and maintaining worldwide trademark portfolios, and enforcing intellectual property rights. In addition, she drafts and negotiates agreements for trademark, software, technology and content licensing; software, website, and product development; website and data hosting; distribution and resale; and sponsorship and endorsement, among others.
Experienced counsel on Internet privacy, website content and promotions
Yvonne assists clients with Internet advertising and marketing claims and required disclosures, and reviews client website and promotional content for proper marketing claims and compliance with Federal Trade Commission laws and guidelines. She ensures clients are in compliance with state laws pertaining to promotions, such as sweepstakes and contests, and drafts official rules for these promotions and registers the promotions in various states when required.
- Manages a worldwide trademark portfolio of more than 300 trademark applications and registrations, covering over 130 countries, for a technology standards organization comprising the world's leading automotive, mobile communications and consumer electronics companies.
- Counseled and advised a large standards organization working in the area of Internet of Things technologies regarding domestic and international development and protection of its certification mark and association services mark; assisted the organization with an acquisition and advised regarding the transfer of intellectual property rights; drafted and negotiated agreements for software development, authorized test labs, test tool licenses, and related matters.
- Represented a well-known alcohol distributor in connection with operating a national sweepstakes with significant prizes and prize values, including working on official rules for the sweepstakes, registering the sweepstakes in various states, and negotiating agreements with vendors involved in the promotion.
- Represented a standards organization in connection with the development of a complex member code contribution program and code licensing program.
- Represented an online service provider in connection with drafting and negotiation of numerous government contracts in the education arena and in connection with Internet privacy counseling.
Memberships & Awards
- Oregon State Bar, Intellectual Property; Computer & Internet Law; and Antritrust, Trade Regulation and Unfair Business Practices Sections, Member
- International Trademark Association, Member
Resources & Ideas
- March 11, 2016
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
“Internet of Things: Spotting and Responding to the Issues,” Willamette University College of Law Symposium, Effective Representation: Privacy and Data Security for Counsel (February 2016).
“Introduction to Trademark Law,” Willamette University College of Law (November 2015).
“Ethical Obligations Related to Cybersecurity and Use of Technology in Law Practice: What Every Attorney Needs to Know,” Oregon State Bar Technology Law Section CLE (February 2015).
“Current Developments Regarding Privacy on the Internet,” Oregon Law Institute Continuing Legal Education (June 2013).
“Copyright and Fair Use in Higher Education,” Marylhurst University (June 2012).
Current Developments Regarding Privacy on the Internet, Oregon Law Institute Continuing Legal Education Publication
- Willamette University College of LawJuris Doctor degree, cum laude (2005)
- Seattle Pacific UniversityBachelor of Arts degree, magna cum laude (2002)
Oregon State Courts
United States District Court, District of Oregon