Aukjen T. Ingraham
Aukjen (pronounced “owk-yen”) Ingraham is an experienced litigator and trial lawyer with more than 13 years of experience in administrative, state, federal, and appellate courts. Her focus is on railroad and transportation law, with a particular emphasis on catastrophic injury. She also advises on disaster preparedness, incident response and crisis management.
Aukjen is particularly experienced in handling complex litigation, most recently in a construction contract dispute spanning five years. Above all, she is a problem solver, working with clients to attain the best results in difficult situations.
A pioneer in rapid response
When accidents and other significant events occur, clients often call on Aukjen for real-time, on-scene counsel. In response to this need, in 2015 Aukjen founded Schwabe’s Rapid Response Team, a group of lawyers dedicated to responding immediately to an incident. Whether it’s the investigation of an accident, a first-time situation or an environmental issue, Aukjen and Schwabe’s response team are available to assist.
- Successfully resolved a $500,000 contract dispute in the environmental services industry.
- Obtained dismissal of a $25 million personal injury and products liability lawsuit against a small, family-owned business.
- Successfully defended over 25 wrongful death and catastrophic injury cases, including traumatic brain injury claims.
Memberships & Awards
- NARTC Member, Environmental Committee (2012 - present)
- Multnomah Bar Association, Member (2003 - present)
- Oregon Women Lawyers, Member (2003 - present)
- Oregon Rising Stars List (2011-2012, 2014-2016)
- Myron Ells Prize for History, Whitman College (1998)
Resources & Ideas
- July 1, 2016
- DJC Oregon, December 15, 2015
- Friends of the Children Scholarship Committee (2011-present)
- Portland State University, Advisory Board to the School of Urban & Public Affairs (2008-2011)
- University of New MexicoMasters in Latin American Studies, 2003
- University of New Mexico School of LawJuris Doctor, 2002
- Whitman CollegeBachelor of Arts Degree in History, Minor in Spanish, 1998
Oregon State Bar
Washington State Bar
United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
United States District Court of Oregon
Outside The Office
- Soccer—coaching my sons, loudly supporting my beloved Portland Timbers or traveling to watch world-class soccer with my family.