Elizabeth Graves assists clients through an array of litigation matters and legal concerns. A strategic thinker, she evaluates the essential factors of each case before her, guiding her clients towards successful outcomes.
Elizabeth gained valuable experience during her tenure at the U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon, where she served as a judicial law clerk for the Honorable Karin J. Immergut and a judicial extern to the Honorable Michael H. Simon. Elizabeth’s thorough understanding of the court system and skills in legal research help her effectively advocate for her clients.
- Represented clients in diverse areas of civil litigation including construction negligence, contract disputes, financial elder abuse, and legal malpractice.
- Successfully engaged in settlement negotiations and mediations in personal injury, construction defect, and legal malpractice cases.
- Drafted legal memoranda and assisted with judicial opinions resolving a myriad of civil motions arising in state and federal court, ranging from temporary restraining orders to motions for summary judgment.
- Assisted a judge in management of civil caseload and preparation for hearings.
Memberships & Awards
- Oregon State Bar Association, member
- Multnomah Bar Association, member
- Lewis & Clark Law Review, Managing Editor (2018-2019)
- Lewis & Clark Law Review, Member (2017-2018)
- Cornelius Honor Society, Lewis & Clark Law School, 2019
- Pro Bono Award Recipient, Lewis & Clark Law School, 2019
- Public Interest Law Project Award Recipient, Lewis & Clark Law School, 2017
- Honors Distinction in Legal Writing, Lewis & Clark Law School, 2016-2017
- Honors Distinction in Oral Advocacy, Lewis & Clark Law School, 2016-2017
Resources & Ideas
“So You Are Saying That There’s A Chance: Strategies for Challenging Compelled Arbitration,” Lewis & Clark Law Review; Volume 23, Issue 4; 2020
- Lewis & Clark Law School Mentor (2019-present)
- Lewis & Clark Law School Moot Court Judge (2019-present)
- Lewis & Clark Law SchoolJuris Doctor degree, cum laude (2019)
- University of TennesseeKnoxville, Bachelor of Science degree, Communications (2014)
Oregon State Courts
United States District Court, District of Oregon
Outside The Office
- Catching a baseball game with Dad.