Xavier Clark brings unique experience working at the intersection of legal issues and the technology industry. Proficient in most commonly used regulatory frameworks, Xavier leverages his prior in-house experience focusing on privacy, security and commercial contracting for companies in the technology and healthcare industries. He enjoys helping clients understand and comply with their obligation for the proper handling and use of data in day-to-day business operations.
Analytically minded and people-focused, he serves as a collaborative liaison between legal, compliance, risk management, information security and business teams. Well-versed in contract review and negotiation, policy management, and risk analysis, Xavier is a veteran issue-spotter, working toward early threat identification and assessment to develop and implement action plans that mitigate harm.
- Advising clients on their obligations under information privacy laws.
- Preparing privacy policies for websites and mobile applications.
- Negotiating contractual provisions allocating risk between clients and service providers related to personal data, trade secrets, and confidential information.
- Advising on representations and warranties related to privacy and security in M&A transactions.
- Advising clients regarding laws that apply to email marketing and online advertising.
Memberships & Awards
- International Association of Privacy Professionals, Member (2014-present)
Resources & Ideas
- Opportunity MagazineNovember 27, 2018
- Lewis & Clark Law SchoolJuris Doctor degree (2013)
- International Association of Privacy ProfessionalsCertified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) in U.S. Private Sector Privacy Law (2016)
- Western Washington UniversityBachelor of Arts degree, Spanish Language and Literature (2005)
Oregon State Courts