How I represent clients at Schwabe
I serve clients ranging from individuals and closely held businesses to national financial institutions. I have experience litigating in state and federal court, drafting and arguing motions, assisting in all stages of discovery, and seeing cases through trial.
In law school, I gained a unique inside perspective on the workings of federal court when I served as an extern for the Honorable Magistrate Judge John V. Acosta at the United States District Court in Portland. In that role, I researched and drafted opinions on matters involving varied legal issues and observed a wide range of civil proceedings.
I also worked at Schwabe as a Summer Associate in 2015, where I took to heart Schwabe’s unique service philosophy and commitment to excellence.
- Lewis & Clark Law School, Juris Doctor degree, summa cum laude (2016)
- California State University, Long Beach, Bachelor of Arts degree, Political Science (2012)
- Oregon State Courts
- Lewis & Clark Law School, Cornelius Honor Society, Member (2016)
- Best Lawyers in America Award: Ones to Watch, Environmental Litigation (2021-2022)
- Oregon Rising Stars List, Environmental Litigation (2021)
- Lewis & Clark Law School, Pro Bono Public Service Award (2015, 2016)
“Curbing Judicial Discretion in Pretrial Conferences,” Lewis & Clark Law Review (2016).
- Chair of the Membership Committee for the Young Lawyers Section of the Multnomah Bar Association. (2019–present)
- Previously on the board of Women in Environment (WIE), (Board member 2017-2018; currently serving as a member)
- Associate Integration Committee at Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt, P.C. (2018–present )
- Co-chair of the Associates Committee for the Campaign for Equal Justice. (2018–present)
- Women’s Initiative Leadership Committee at Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt, P.C. (2017–present )
- Alumni Mentorship Program for Lewis and Clark law students. (2017–present)
- Notes and Comments Editor, Lewis & Clark Law Review (2015-2016)
- Member, Lewis & Clark Law Review (2014-2015)
Jessie enjoys getting outside as much as possible and cheering on the Portland Blazers and the San Francisco 49ers.
Ideas & Insights
News and Insights delivered to your inbox