How I represent clients at Schwabe
I help individual clients with estate planning, probate, and trust administration. In addition, I advise nonprofit organizations and private foundations on general governance and tax compliance matters.
By recognizing that not every family or estate is the same, I create individually tailored estate plans for my clients by applying various estate planning vehicles such as strategic tax planning, charitable gifts, or business succession planning.
I am experienced in high net-worth estates, nonprofit organizations, start-ups, and private foundations. I also draft appropriate estate tax returns, submit applications for tax-exempt status, counsel organizations on tax compliance issues, and draft a variety of governance documents, policies, and contracts.
- Created and developed comprehensive estate plans including wills, trusts, durable powers of attorney, healthcare authorization forms, and disposition of remain documents for families and individuals.
- Assisted clients in transferring business interests and real estate properties into trusts.
- Provided strategic advice to minimize clients’ estate tax liabilities.
- Counseled personal representatives and trustees through probate and trust administration processes.
- Advised nonprofits and private foundations on formation, general governance, obtaining tax-exempt status, tax compliance issues, and dissolution.
- Lewis & Clark, Law School, Juris Doctor degree, cum laude (2016)
- University of Utah, Bachelor of Fine Arts degree, Fine Arts (2009)
- Oregon State Courts
- Washington State Courts
- Oregon State Bar Estate Planning & Administration Section, Member
- Multnomah Bar Association, Member
- Oregon Women Lawyers, Member
- SW Washington Estate Planning Council
- Lewis & Clark Law School, Outstanding Client Advocacy Award (2016)
- Lewis & Clark Law School, Pro Bono Public Service Award (2016)
- Animal Law Review, Associate Editor of the Year Award (2014-2015)
- Spousal Lifetime Access Trusts
Estate Planning Council of Southwest Washington
September 20, 2022
Dealing with Cryptocurrency, NFTs, and Other Digital AssetsWillamette Valley Estate Planning CouncilSeptember 13, 2022
- Mercy Corps Office of General Counsel, Legal Intern (2016)
- CARA Pro Bono Project, Legal Volunteer (2015)
- Animal Law Review, Business Editor, Associate Editor and Volunteer Editor (2014-2016)
Traveling, skiing, running, and cycling.
Get in touch
Ideas & Insights
News and Insights delivered to your inbox