Garrett Stephenson recently joined Schwabe’s real estate and land use practice group in Portland. Garrett focuses his practice on obtaining entitlements and permit approvals for a wide variety of land development projects in both urban and rural settings. He also provides detailed land use due diligence analyses, and has considerable knowledge of urbanization matters, Portland metro area land use regulations, and rural zoning. In addition, Garrett has significant experience in negotiations with local governments related to permit exactions, required public improvements, and eminent domain. Prior to attending law school, Garrett was a land use planner with both public and private sector experience.
- Represented clients in a variety of land use permitting matters, including advising, securing local and state permits, and appellate advocacy.
- Conducted detailed legal research and analysis, and provide legal advice on land use and municipal law matters.
- Performed advanced land use due diligence review.
Memberships & Awards
- City Club of Portland, Research Board Member
- Oregon State Bar Association - Land Use Legislative Committee, Member
- Lewis and Clark Small Business Legal Clinic, Volunteer
Resources & Ideas
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- New Developments, Capital Markets and Remaining on the Cutting Edge of CoolThe Benson Hotel, 309 SW Broadway, Portland, OR 97205, October 19, 2017
- April 19, 2018
- December 21, 2017
- Daily Journal of Commerce, August 21, 2017
- June 2017
- May 5, 2017
- November 23, 2016
- Lewis & Clark Law SchoolJuris Doctor degree, cum laude (2013)
- Willamette UniversityBachelor of Arts degree, Cultural Anthropology, magna cum laude (2006)
Oregon State Courts