Jessie Schuh focuses her practice on environmental, energy and natural resources law. In law school, Jessie gained practical litigation experience in federal court. She clerked for the Federal Public Defender, where she drafted motions, briefs, jury instructions and other trial documents. She also served as an extern for the Honorable Magistrate Judge John V. Acosta at the United States District Court in Portland. In that role, she drafted opinions on matters involving a wide range of issues and gained an inside perspective on the workings of federal court. Jessie worked at Schwabe as a Summer Associate in 2015, where she took to heart Schwabe’s unique service philosophy and commitment to excellence.
Memberships & Awards
- Lewis & Clark Law School, Cornelius Honor Society, Member (2016)
- Lewis & Clark Law School, Pro Bono Public Service Award (2015, 2016)
Resources & Ideas
“Curbing Judicial Discretion in Pretrial Conferences,” Lewis & Clark Law Review (2016).
- Member, Lewis & Clark Law Review (2014-2015)
- Notes and Comments Editor, Lewis & Clark Law Review (2015-2016)
- Lewis & Clark Law SchoolJuris Doctor degree, summa cum laude (2016)
- California State University, Long BeachBachelor of Arts degree, Political Science (2012)
Oregon State Courts
Outside The Office
- Jessie enjoys getting outside as much as possible and cheering on the Portland Blazers and the San Francisco 49ers.