Ken Katzaroff represents clients in a broad variety of real estate development projects, including regulatory approval, subsequent appellate proceedings, land use entitlement, state water rights, and surface mining permitting.
Prior to joining Schwabe, Ken worked as in-house General Counsel for a family of privately held development companies with projects throughout the Pacific Northwest. He is experienced in managing complex real estate development projects with a multitude of legal and practical issues at play. His success comes from his care and personal attention to his clients.
- Manage all aspects of the development, regulatory approval, and subsequent appellate proceedings for a 170+ acre luxury housing development in Bend, OR, including land use entitlement, state water rights, and surface mining permitting.
- Legal representation to real estate investors, including handling complex operating agreements, security agreements, and private placement memoranda.
- Represented tenant-in-common (“TIC”) owners with negotiation of complex purchase and sale agreements for large commercial and multi-family properties.
- Represented tenant-in-common (“TIC”) owners with negotiation of complex property management agreements for large commercial and multi-family properties.
Memberships & Awards
- Central Oregon Impact Summit, Advisory Board Member (2015-present)
- Phi Kappa Psi (2003-present)
- Ninth Circuit Review, Lewis and Clark
- Dean’s Scholarship for Excellence, Lewis and Clark (2011-2014)
- Cascade Business News, Accomplished Under 40 (2015)
- Bend Chamber of Commerce, Advocacy Council, Chair (2019-present); Vice Chair (2015-2019)
- Bend Chamber of Commerce Legislative Committee, Chair (2019-present)
- Bend Chamber of Commerce, Member (2016-2019)
- Political Action Committee (PAC) Board, Member (2018-present)
- Leadership Bend Advisory Board (2015-present)
- Leadership Bend Class of 2015
- Lewis and Clark Environmental Law Review, Associate Editor (2012-2014)
- Lewis & Clark Law SchoolJuris Doctor degree, cum laude, Cornelius Honor Society (2014)
- University of WashingtonBachelor’s Degree, Business Administration (2007)
Oregon State Courts
Washington State Courts