Trevor A. Livingston
Trevor Livingston counsels clients in a wide variety of commercial and finance transactions, including debt and equity securities offerings, asset sales and purchases, and mergers and acquisitions. Trevor enjoys working with start-up companies just getting off the ground, more established businesses in our community and large multinational companies. An accomplished, knowledgeable and practical business attorney, Trevor knows how to find workable solutions for his clients.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Works with clients on the buy and sell sides of mergers and acquisitions.
- Provides practical advice to clients raising money, borrowing money, and issuing debt or equity securities.
Investment and Timber Funds
- Represents investment funds of all sizes, including timberland investment management organizations (TIMOs) in connection with various asset and timberland investment management transactions.
- Advises investment fund clients about compliance with the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and other state and federal investment adviser laws and regulations.
- Advises clients on their day-to-day commercial contracts.
- Serves as general outside counsel for businesses that need a legal review of key agreements.
- Provides third-party legal opinions for clients in commercial lending and security offering transactions.
Memberships & Awards
- U.S. News & World Report – Best Lawyers, “Law Firm of the Year” in Timber Law, Team Member (2015 and 2018)
- U.S. News & World Report – Best Lawyers, National Tier 1 Firm in Timber Law, Team Member (2015-2018)
Resources & Ideas
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
Fundraising Tips and Options: How a Startup Can (Legally) Raise Money, Presenter at BendVenture Conference
Fiduciary Obligations and Best Practices for TIMOs, Presenter at Pacific Northwest Timber Management Seminar
Changing the Way Companies Raise Money: The Impact of Recent SEC Rules and the Movement Toward Crowdfunding, Presenter at Bend Venture Conference
Dealing with deadlock in the 50-50 business, Daily Journal of Commerce
April 11, 2016
- Harvard Law SchoolJuris Doctor degree (2004)
- Oregon State UniversityBachelor of Science degree, magna cum laude (2001)
Oregon State Courts
Washington State Courts
Outside The Office
- Dad's day off at the beach.