How I represent clients at Schwabe
As an environmental lawyer, my practice is focused on helping clients with permitting and regulatory concerns that arise from agency actions such as from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and issues that stem from state and federal environmental regulations. Working to bridge the gap between compliance and business objectives, I am able to draw from my experience to help clients navigate the complex and ever-changing regulatory landscape.
I began my legal career as a law clerk with the Washington Court of Appeals, Division 2. Prior to law school, I worked for an agribusiness nonprofit in Chicago, where I provided business and market development assistance to local agribusiness entrepreneurs.
- Testified before a state hearing board on behalf of a client who faced alleged violations of the Clean Air Act (CAA) and state air-quality law.
- Developed a settlement strategy and led negotiations with the EPA to address historical National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants(NESHAP) violations, resulting in a 20% penalty reduction for client.
- Coordinated a client’s application process for a medical waste transportation permit, which required comprehensive analysis of medical waste statutes and rules, meetings with state regulators, and managing client staff to submit accurate and timely application documents.
- Coordinated environmental due diligence for a $1 billion transaction by managing the team of associates to review hundreds of Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments (ESA) and drafting a report of the results.
- Northwestern School of Law, Lewis & Clark College, Juris Doctor, magna cum laude (2020)
- Bard College at Simon’s Rock, Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, cum laude (2006)
- Oregon State Courts
Multnomah Bar Association (2022–present)
Oregon State Bar (2020–present)
Legal Aid Services of Oregon (2022–present)
Oregon Food Bank (2023–present)
Get in touch