Donald L. Krahmer, Jr.
Don Krahmer, Jr. is a trusted advisor to many of the Pacific Northwest’s leading companies, executives, entrepreneurs and investors. He has been a practicing corporate lawyer for over 25 years, representing companies in manufacturing and distribution, technology (both hardware and software), healthcare, construction, real estate, financial services, energy and natural resources. Don has hands-on experience working with corporate governance, acquisitions, venture capital and finance, and international expansion.
Connecting clients with opportunities
Known as “The Great Connector,” Don is a force in the Pacific Northwest business, government and nonprofit communities. He uses his broad platform and relationships to help create opportunities and solve problems for his clients. Portland Monthly magazine has called Don one of Portland’s most influential leaders, comfortable in traditional institutions of power as well as mentoring and working with the next generation of diverse young leaders.
Recognized business law leadership
Don’s broad business, political and nonprofit background allows him to help clients look at old problems in new ways. He is equally comfortable in the boardroom helping work through complex issues, or helping general counsel or senior management identify legal resources and business strategies. Don’s peers have recognized him with the James B. Castles Leadership Award, named after a founding general counsel of Tektronix and a founding trustee of the M. J. Murdock Trust, for excellence in the practice of business law, professionalism and outstanding community leadership.
Memberships & Awards
- Pacific Continental Bank, Board and Chair of Audit Committee
- Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oregon, Community Board
- CFA Institute, Member
- CFA Society of Portland, Member
- National Association of Corporate Directors, Member
- Association for Corporate Growth, Member
- Oregon Banker’s Association, Member
- Oregon State Bar, Business Law Section, Executive Committee, Chair
- Portland-Vancouver Connector Project, “Connector”
- James B. Castles Leadership Award
- Silver Beaver Award, Boy Scouts of America
- Oregon Business Magazine, Publisher’s Award
- JDRF Gala of Hope Community Giving Award, 2016
- ADA Father of the Year Award, 2014
- Portland Monthly magazine, “Top 50 Most Influential Portlanders”
Resources & Ideas
- December 19, 2011
- Community Investment Initiative, Leadership Council
- Portland Business Alliance, Executive Committee and Board of Directors
- Greater Portland, Inc., Board of Directors
- Jesuit High School, Board of Trustees
- Arlington Club, President
- Oregon Entrepreneurs Forum, Chair
- Willamette UniversityBachelor of Science degree in Economics (1981)
- Willamette University College of LawJuris Doctor degree with emphasis in corporate and merger and acquisition law (1987)
- Willamette University, Atkinson Graduate School of ManagementMaster of Business Administration degree with emphasis in Finance and Organizational Change and Theory (1987)
Oregon State Courts
Washington State Courts
United States District Court, District of Oregon
Outside The Office
- Friends and family, whitewater rafting and fly-fishing.