Samantha helps clients in estate planning, probate and trust administration matters. She drafts estate planning documents such as wills, revocable and irrevocable trusts, durable powers of attorney and advanced directives. She also assists personal representatives and trustees in the overall administration of an estate.
Samantha enjoys the opportunity to work with clients in a collaborative manner to assess and achieve each client’s estate planning goals. She enjoys getting to know her clients and welcomes the long-lasting relationships she forms with each one. Samantha is also service-oriented. She realizes that not every family or estate is the same, and she enjoys creating estate plans that are uniquely tailored to meet the client’s individualized needs by using different estate planning vehicles, strategic tax planning, charitable gifts or business succession planning. Samantha also enjoys working with personal representatives and trustees through the conclusion of each estate. She counsels fiduciaries regarding taxable estates and assists with drafting appropriate estate tax filings.
- Created and developed comprehensive estate plans including wills, trusts, durable powers of attorney, HIPAA authorization forms, and disposition of remains documents for families and individuals.
- Drafted assignment of business interest documents and property deeds to transfer business interests and properties into trusts.
- Provided strategic advice to minimize clients’ estate tax liabilities.
- Advised personal representatives in obtaining access to decedent’s secured digital assets.
- Counseled trustees in the continued management of real estate business interests held by the trust.
Memberships & Awards
- Oregon State Bar Estate Planning & Administration Section, Member
- Multnomah Bar Association, Member
- Oregon Women Lawyers, Member
- Lewis & Clark Law School, Outstanding Client Advocacy Award (2016)
- Lewis & Clark Law School, Pro Bono Public Service Award (2016)
- Animal Law Review, Associate Editor of the Year Award (2014-2015)
- Mercy Corps Office of General Counsel, Legal Intern (2016)
- CARA Pro Bono Project, Legal Volunteer (2015)
- Animal Law Review, Business Editor, Associate Editor and Volunteer Editor (2014-2016)
- Lewis & Clark Law SchoolJuris Doctor degree, cum laude (2016)
- University of UtahBachelor of Fine Arts degree, Fine Arts (2009)
Oregon State Courts
Outside The Office
- Traveling, skiing, running, and cycling.