How I represent clients at Schwabe
I help clients create estate plans that reflect their values. My clients include family business owners, entrepreneurs, professionals, and pro bono individuals. My areas of focus include business succession planning, charitable and noncharitable gifting, and planning for estate taxes. I take great satisfaction in helping people and organizations plan for their future transitions.
My experience includes developing succession plans, crafting funding strategies, creating new nonprofit organizations, forming complex trusts, and structuring traditional estate plans. I also work with charitable foundations and tax-exempt organizations.
- Collaborates with clients and their advisors to develop business succession plans.
- Develops sophisticated estate plans to help achieve beneficial tax results for taxable estates.
- Advises high-net worth clients regarding charitable giving.
- Administers complex trusts and estates.
- Creates nonprofit organizations and assists with the application for tax exempt status.
- University of Virginia, School of Law, Juris Doctor degree (2003)
- Yale University, Bachelor of Arts degree, East Asian Studies
- New York State Courts
- Oregon State Courts
- Oregon State Bar, Sustainable Future Section, Program and CLE Committee Member, Executive Committee (2014-2018), Program Committee (2010-2023)
- Oregon State Bar, Estate Planning Administration Section, Executive Committee (2010-2019), Program Committee (2016-2022)
- Woodstock Food Pantry, volunteer (2022-present)
- National Lawyers’ Guild Legal Observer (2020-2022)
- Portland Police Bureau Advisory Committee (2020-2023)
- Cleveland Softball and Baseball, coach (2015-2021)
- Sellwood Middle School PTA, board member (2019-2021)
- Outward Bound (1997-2000)
- Teach for America (1996-1997)
Get in touch
Ideas & Insights
News and Insights delivered to your inbox