How I represent clients at Schwabe
I counsel clients in a wide variety of commercial and finance transactions, including debt and equity securities offerings, asset sales and purchases, and mergers and acquisitions. I enjoy working with start-up companies just getting off the ground, more established businesses in our community, and large multinational companies. I am known for being an accomplished, knowledgeable, and practical business lawyer who knows how to find workable solutions for clients.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Works with clients on the buy and sell sides of mergers and acquisitions.
- Provides practical advice to clients raising money, borrowing money, and issuing debt or equity securities.
Investment and Timber Funds
- Represents investment funds of all sizes, including timberland investment management organizations (TIMOs) in connection with various asset and timberland investment management transactions.
- Advises investment fund clients about compliance with the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and other state and federal investment adviser laws and regulations.
- Advises clients on their day-to-day commercial contracts.
- Serves as general outside counsel for businesses that need a legal review of key agreements.
- Provides third-party legal opinions for clients in commercial lending and security offering transactions.
- Harvard Law School, Juris Doctor degree (2004)
- Oregon State University, Bachelor of Science degree, magna cum laude (2001)
- Oregon State Courts
- Washington State Courts
- U.S. News & World Report – Best Lawyers, “Law Firm of the Year” in Timber Law, Team Member (2015 and 2018)
- U.S. News & World Report – Best Lawyers, National Tier 1 Firm in Timber Law, Team Member (2015-2018)
Dealing with deadlock in the 50-50 business, Daily Journal of Commerce
April 11, 2016
Fundraising Tips and Options: How a Startup Can (Legally) Raise Money, Presenter at BendVenture Conference
Fiduciary Obligations and Best Practices for TIMOs, Presenter at Pacific Northwest Timber Management Seminar
Changing the Way Companies Raise Money: The Impact of Recent SEC Rules and the Movement Toward Crowdfunding, Presenter at Bend Venture Conference
Dad's day off at the beach.
Get in touch
Ideas & Insights
News and Insights delivered to your inbox