Blake Bowman partners with his clients to help companies large and small achieve their unique goals. His experience in mergers and acquisitions, commercial financing, securities offerings, and corporate governance allows him to provide practical advice and find sophisticated solutions to complex issues. From his in-house counsel experience, Blake recognizes that understanding a client’s business operations and strategies is critical to effective representation.
- Represented a cold storage company in one of the largest mergers in Oregon in 2020.
- Represented various small and mid-size businesses in business sale transactions with local, national, and international buyers, including the sales of a textiles manufacturing company, an outdoor apparel and supply retailer, a reservations software company, and a lumber company.
- Served as counsel for borrowers in new loan and refinancing transactions, including loans secured by real property for a senior housing company and a credit facility for a hardwood plywood manufacturer.
- Represented multiple developers in financing transactions for high-rise and other large projects, including related equity joint ventures and private offerings to accredited investors.
- Provided counsel to various start-up companies for entity formation and initial fundraising rounds, including start-ups in the mobile application, real estate services, and winemaking industries.
- Advised various businesses on contracting, employee incentive plan, and general counsel matters.
- Worked as in-house counsel for a court-appointed receiver in liquidation efforts, including various asset and investment sales and the sale of a private equity fund.
Memberships & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America Award: Ones to Watch - Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Securities/Capital Markets Law (2021-2023)
Resources & Ideas
- The OregonianJune 20, 2019
- May 17, 2021
- Daily Journal of Commerce OregonSeptember 26, 2019
- December 27, 2018
- Playworks Pacific Northwest, Board Member (2018-2019)
- Lewis & Clark Law School, 1L Mentor (2018-present)
- Lewis & Clark Small Business Legal Clinic, Attorney Volunteer (2017-present)
- St. Andrew Legal Clinic, Race for Justice Committee Member (2016)
- Lewis & Clark Law SchoolJuris Doctor degree, cum laude (2014)
- Oregon State UniversityBachelor of Science degree, summa cum laude (2011)
Oregon State Courts
Outside The Office
- Exploring Milford Sound, New Zealand.