Representing real estate owners, managers and tenants, our experienced lawyers provide legal advice to keep business running smoothly and efficiently.
Strong relationships for strong leases
Businesses involved in the negotiation of leases have a lot going on. Owners and managers are often handling multiple spaces and tenants simultaneously, where effective negotiation and smooth transitions are the hallmarks of success. Schwabe’s experienced lawyers understand the business concerns at play in the complicated world of leasing and the importance of strong communication and client service in managing these projects. Our lawyers are regularly recognized for their fast, efficient service, tactical brilliance and strong attention to detail.
Whether it’s office, retail, or industrial, we have done it all
Schwabe lawyers have handled thousands of leases of space in shopping centers, Class A office towers, medical office buildings and suburban campus settings, as well as ground leases and build-to suit leases. We understand the nuances of these various spaces and how they can impact lease negotiations, and we use that experience to seek the best deals possible for our clients.
- Represent several companies that own and lease Portland central business district Class A towers.
- Represent one of the largest banks in the world in its leasing and real estate transactions in the Pacific Northwest.
- Represent numerous Fortune 500 companies that own and lease Class A office space in the Pacific Northwest.
- Represented the purchaser of a portfolio of six Portland central business district office buildings, assisted in the management and leasing of these buildings and handled the resale of the portfolio to two separate institutional purchasers.
- Handle leasing across the western United States for a publicly traded “big box” retailer.
- Represent several large national institutional investors/REITs in the acquisition/disposition and leasing of commercial property with hundreds of thousands of square feet under lease for office and medical-related uses.
- Handled leasing for the Exchange Building in downtown Seattle and represented the owner in the eventual sale of the building.
- Represent a state retirement system with respect to their commercial and residential real estate properties in the state of Washington, including office leasing.
- Represent multiple Washington ports in connection with the leasing of office and warehouse space and several large-project ground leases.
- Handled leasing of office space in Pacific Northwest business parks for a publicly traded company having a national property management and leasing portfolio of 160-million square feet.
- Serve as national real estate and operations counsel for four major cinema circuits.
When the Port of Vancouver steps up to protect the community, they know that Schwabe will help the Port get it done.
Resources & Ideas
- Daily Journal of Commerce
- Amy Hanks CorneliusShareholder
- Larry CostichShareholder
- Brendan CrowleyShareholder
- Dave HeplerShareholder
- Donald RussoShareholder